09| 𝑀𝑂𝑅𝑆𝐸

"Lili!" Hopper yelled at me

"Lili!" Hopper yelled at me. I turned to him to see him lugging a wooden plank out of the Byers' shed. Mike had the idea that in order for the Mind Flayer to not know where we all were, we'd have to isolate Will.

I sent a pulse to Hopper, ripping the plank out of his hands and having it land at my feet. He looked at me and caught his breath, nodding once.

I let Hopper take out everything else as I collected foil and wool to staple to the walls of the shed so that it would be unrecognizable.

Steve and I worked side-by-side with our staple guns. He held up a side of the tarp he was working with for me to staple. Once I did, I got down from the ladder and grabbed some tape, running it along the edges so that moonlight didn't shine through.

"Hey," he said. I looked at him from where I was, taping another tarp to the window.

"I just wanted to say sorry for kissing you," Steve said. I gave him a small smile.

"It's fine, I know everyone wants a piece of this," I motioned at myself and couldn't help but laugh. Steve shook his head.

"Makes you think that Billy was right," he mumbled. I stopped working at that, suddenly feeling bad for Steve.

"Billy right for change would be the end of the world," I snickered.

"Yeah, but how many times has he been right this whole time?" Steve asked me. "Me liking you was a big one, and he was right."

I sighed, not knowing how to take big compliments like that.

"Steve, you know that I don't feel that way about you," I said, going back to stapling tarps to the walls and sealing them with tape.

"I'm with Billy and I've only ever seen you as a friend. I don't mean to hurt your feelings and all, but please try not to kiss me again," I ended with a chuckle. Steve smiled a little and nodded.

"Like I said, you're not my type," Steve smirked, stapling the tarp onto the wall. I rolled my eyes.

"Like I said, I'm everyone's type," I matched his facial expression.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang by the door. I jumped and turned to see Hopper standing there with a wooden table.

"Hey Lovebirds!" He called out to us. I blushed at this and I heard Steve clear his throat. "Get a move on, yeah? We only got tonight!"

I nodded quickly and went back to working and so did Steve. Once Hopper was gone, Steve and I looked at each other and burst out laughing.

After helping Steve with the tarps, Nancy came in and wanted to help too. Steve seemed on edge, but I could tell that Nancy didn't want any trouble. So I stepped out and into the house to see if anyone needed help there.

In the kitchen, I saw Mike looking for cleaning supplies and such under the sink and Max was concealing a chair with cardboard boxes to make it ambiguous.