Chapter 32: The S-class Trials

(A/n) ok there's gonna need to be some explaining here. So I skipped the Edolas arc for 2 reason. First, because it's too long of an arc and I really don't feel like watching every episode again. Second, because I really wanted to get to this arc as quickly as possible. Just wanna make that clear. don't hate me.)

(Y/n)'s POV

So...a lot happened. We went to this completely different world called Edolas. Everyone else got turned into a lacrima so we had to save them. Turns out Oak, Happy, and Carla are part of a race of flying cats called exceeds.

Mystogan is apparently from Edolas and looks exactly like Jellal. Also we have a new exceed in the guild. Pantherlily, who I guess is Gajeel 's cat friend now.

But that's not even the best part. Lisanna, she's back. As soon as we saw her face again we were all ecstatic. Turns out when she "died", she was sent to Edolas. Everyone in the guild was so happy to see her again, especially Mira and Elfman. Anyway, enough of that, let's get to the story.

I woke up in my bed looking up at the ceiling. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I tried to get up, but I felt myself being anchored down by something. Turning my head to see what it was, I saw lump under my blanket. I lifted the blanket and saw Erza clinging to my arm. I couldn't help but smile. I began poking her cheek to wake her.

(Y/n): sweetie, it's time to wake up.

She opened her eyes, looked up at me, and smiled.

Erza: good morning.

Yeah, Erza's kinda gained a bit of a habit. On nights where she can't sleep, she'll usually sneak into the treehouse and crawl in bed with me. Some of you may call it creepy or clingy, but I find it adorable.

(Y/n): I have to ask. Do you really crawl in bed with me because you can't sleep, or do you just do it cause you want to?

Erza: can't it be both?

(Y/n): ...I'm ok with that.

She sat up and I got a good look at what she was wearing.

(Y/n): is that my shirt?

Erza: maybe.

I examined her, the shirt was a little too big for her. I blush at the adorable sight of my girlfriend wearing it.

(Y/n): well, we should probably get u-

I was stopped mid-sentence when Erza suddenly pulled me back down onto the bed.

Erza: do we have too? I just want stay here and cuddle with you.

(Y/n): ha, ya know before we started dating, I never took you for the cuddling type.

Erza: so is that a yes or a no?

(Y/n): *sigh* I'd really love too sweetie, but the S-class trials are coming up, remember?

Erza: I remember.

She put on a pouty face.

(Y/n): look, after the trial are finished, we can come back here and cuddle all you want. Deal?

Erza: *sigh* fine.

She released me and we got up. She requiped into her usual armor and turned around so I could change.

Erza: so who do you think you'll be fighting this year?

(Y/n): actually, Gramps wants me to do something special this year.

Erza: really, what is it?

(Y/n): don't know, he said he wanted to tell me once we got to the island.

I finish changing and yelled for Oak to wake up.

(Y/n): OAK, GET UP!

He flinched and fell out of his hammock Erza caught him before he hit the ground and we left for the guild hall.

Timeskip brought to you by the chibi S-class wizards standing up on stage

Me, Erza, Gildarts, and Mirajane stood on stage as Gramps was preparing to announce the wizards who would be participating in this year's S-class promotion trials.

The curtain opened revealing us and the master to the rest of the guild. As everyone was begging for him to tell the the news Gramps cleared his throat and began his speech.

Makarov: in accordance with the Fairy Tail guild's time honored tradition I will now announce this year's entrance for the S-class wizard promotion trials.

Everyone began cheering so loud that I could probably hear it from the other side of town.

Erza: please be quiet everyone.

Gildarts: shut up and let the master finish talking.

Everyone fell and the master resumed.

Makarov: the trial this year will thank place on Tenrou Island, our guild's sacred ground. The strength that you possess inside, your character, and your hearts. These are what I considered when making my selection, and I have chosen 8 participants. Natsu Dragneel, Grey Fullbuster, Juvia Lockser, Elfman, Cana Alberona, Freed Justine, Levy Mcgarden, and Mest Gryder.

Everyone started cheering again and wishing them luck.

Makarov: all though 8 wizards have been selected, only 1 will emerge victorious. For the benefit of our newcomers let's go over the rules of the challenge, shall we?

Mira: the 8 participants will each choose a partner to assist them in the trials.

Erza: observe these 2 rules when choosing your partner. Number 1, they must be a member of Fairy Tail, and number 2 your choice can not be an S-class wizard.

Makarov: we'll reveal all the particular details of the trial once we've arrived on Tenrou Island, but know that you'll have to get past Erza to claim victory.

Everyone start panicking. I smiled seeing they're terrified faces.

Mira: and I'll be doing my very best to weed out the rest of you right beside her.

They began to panic even more.

Gildarts: quit your belly aching, the 4 of us had to go through this trials, it's only fair you do too.

(Y/n): yeah, so stop whining. If you wanna be an S-class wizard then start acting like it.

Makarov: the 8 participants I named earlier and their chosen partners are asked to meet at the Port of Hargeon to head to the event, so get training.

After the announcement everyone went back to what they were doing. I however started talking with Gildarts.

(Y/n): so Natsu finally got picked for this thing. How do you think he'll do?

Gildarts: I guess it depends on who he's fighting. I don't think he has a chance against Erza, and Mira's a completely different story. If he's fighting me then I might just have to go easy on him.

(Y/n): he's not a little kid anymore, Gildarts. I think it's about time you fight him with everything you've got.

Gildarts: yeah, you're right. I just don't wanna end up killing him.

(Y/n): fine, then use your power to the point where it won't kill him, ok?

Gildarts: noted.