Natsu's Past Revealed...

Author's Note:

Hey, everyone! Swag~Chan is back to writing these chapters! I think it has been more than a month since I have published a new chapter. I apologize, and I appreciate the patience💕.

If you didn't know, I left for a little while because school had gotten busy. But it isn't any more! So regular uploads should occur more. Don't know if it will be out on Mondays or any other day of the week. I'll let you know about the schedule in my random book.

I hope you enjoy this long chapter of Fear of the Innocent Flame🔥🔥!!

Lucy's POV

Ah, nothing like a nice cup of tea and looking out the window. If I was able to go outside, I would feel the brisk morning breeze, flowing through my hair. The chill, prickling at my cheeks; while I sipped the warm liquid to awaken my body from its tired state.

I love being outside, but it is too risky for me right now. Knowing my father might be at my doorstep at any moment is kinda scary.

It has been two days now since I told my two great friends about my life. Natsu has been so supportive and a little over protective. He won't even let me go to the store in my usual disguise that I would wear to blend in. I can't blame him for being this way. If I knew a friend that was in danger, I would protect them with all my might!

With the thought of protecting my friends, my mind began to think. What would I do if I got my friends into danger by being with them? Am I just painting a big, red target on their backs by living with them? I could not bear for anything to happen to them! I would give up anything and everything for them to be safe!

After this anxiety filled thought, I enjoyed the rest of this nice morning. I finished my tea as I sat here. I breathed in a heavy breath to calm my mind.

"What are you thinking about, Luce?" someone said aloud from my bedroom door. I knew who it was, so I just turned around to face him. He wore a sweet, tender smile. Behind it though, I know he is worried about me.

I smiled, "Oh, you know. Just thinking about this one book I have been reading. It's about this one girl that ran away from her scary father and met friends along the way. It's quite interesting. When you learn to read fully, I recommend you to read this one." I chuckled at my sarcasm. Natsu found it sorta funny. He hesitantly laughed along.

"Well, you forgot one major detail," he added, "The girl isn't some ordinary girl. She is strong and smart. And beautiful," he whispered the last part, but I heard it. Clear as day. I blushed at his compliment.

To gain back my composure, I quickly added on to the story, "Oh! So, you have read this one before, Natsu? I thought you didn't know how to read?" I smirked at him. Natsu looked like he struggled to think of some comeback to my statement.

"U-uh, w-well. I a-actually was taught a little bit of reading by my father. He didn't have a lot of resources to help teach me, though." Him saying this got me curious about his family. I don't know much about them.

I asked, "Who was your father? I don't think you have told me much about him. Also, what about your mother? Now that I think about it, you haven't talked much about your family life." I could see Natsu visibly gulp at my questions. It might be a touchy subject for him... I should pull back my questions...

"Natsu, I'm sorry. You don't have to-" "My father was a dragon." His statement shut me up. I guess he is fine with saying?

"Luce, it is fine. You should know about my past. You did tell me about yours, so it is only fair that I share mine with you. Just... promise to be honest with me if- if you are s-scared of me..." he said while having a downcast face. He looks scared...