Arno - Help Me Out

☡tw☡

Y/N wiped away the salty tears that surged down her face with her lace sleeve as she gazed at the pitiful reflection in front of her.

A newly formed violet bruise was affixed to her rosy cheek. Her S/C skin was stained with tears from her prior crying. She gently massaged her cheek with her fingers, wincing at the pain that bloomed as her fingertips met her skin.

Flashback
***

"'Chienne!' Why don't you ever listen to me? Why!?"

The man howled at the hunched form glaring up at him with cruel eyes. His jaw was clenched and he huffed with rage.

"Why do you constantly cease to show empathy or compassion? Those people did not need to die, father! You and I both know that! You slaughter them for fun, not for punishment! You are a ludicrous murderer and none of your bootlicker advisors will tell you. They like to kiss your ass but we all know you are a monster!" Y/N spat back at him defiantly through her clenched teeth.

She could see the change in the man's demeanor. The resentment in his eyes flared like a thousand blazes. He was no longer the same man. He had lost all sense of calm.

"Don't you dare oppose me or question my authority again! You are just like your idiot mother. Her insolence is what got her killed! I suggest you shut up or you will end up just like her. I will not hesitate to take you out of this world just as fast as I brought you in. Perhaps you need to be reminded of that."

And with that, the man raised his clenched fist. Time seemed to slow as it flew down, striking Y/N's cheek with a level of force able to throw her back.

She staggered back onto the ground in a defensive ball, her cheek quickly numbing from the distress. Her father stomped over to his desk and shoved all the paperwork and other clutter off of it with intense force.

"Get out!" He roared.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she rose quickly, running out of the study. Her skin stung and she could barely keep herself up straight. The ground blurred from the water pooling out of her eyes.