Return to Jeju

The morning light slanting across her bare body and setting fire to Chaeyoung's hair did nothing to wake the girl up. She lay in peaceful slumber underneath the sheets that covered her lower body and legs.

The only thing that marred her skin was a thin white scar across her lower back.

He stroked it now, feeling a flash of guilt wash over him as he remembered the terrible day he almost lost her by his own hand. He tugged the sheets up just enough to cover the mark, retracting his hand to prop his chin up.

Jimin didn't know how long he gazed at her in this way. He couldn't help the tender smile that took over his face as he replayed their rather active night over and over again. 

It may not have been the first time they had their nightly romps, but that didn't take away from the same feeling of love and adoration that overtook him each time he held Chaeyoung in his arms.

Jimin watched the gentle rhythmic rise and fall of her back as she slept on. She had a habit of sleeping on her stomach, face down with two arms underneath her forehead to prevent her from suffocating.

Thankfully, it was well into summer or she would be freezing by now—they had fallen asleep with no thought of dressing up until morning came around.

Waking up to his girlfriend still sleeping next to him was one of Jimin's favourite moments of the day—he thought watching her wake up and sleepily scrunch her nose was too adorable. 

His second favourite moment would be when she turned and opened her eyes to greet him, her smile lighting up his day before it even started.

He reached out to stroke her hair, combing the dishevelled strands lightly—he wanted to prolong the moment, to indulge in the pleasantly satiating feeling that accompanied such mornings, filling his chest with affection for her.

It was slated to be a lazy beach day today, since they just landed the previous afternoon but Jennie's itinerary was bursting with all the places they wanted to visit that they hadn't managed to squeeze in the first time in Jeju. 

Since there was no pressing urgency, he didn't feel like waking his girlfriend up, although Jennie probably wanted the gang to get a headstart and make the most of their day.

Jimin, however, desired to stretch the moment a little further-- he wanted to keep watching his beloved sleep.

He grinned when he noticed the angry red marks on his chest, not minding them in the slightest even if he was in for some major teasing later. 

But he could always keep the shirt on...

"Park Jimin, stop staring at me."

He grinned mischievously. Ahh, she had woken up.

"How do you know? You're not even looking."

"You do it...every time," Chaeyoung replied shyly. Her voice was slightly husky. "It's...embarrassing..."

"Aren't I allowed to admire my beautiful girlfriend? You're irresistible..." he continued and dipped down to kiss her exposed shoulder to prove his point.

She giggled and finally raised her face, her nose crinkling they way he loved. She blinked rapidly until her eyes focused on him. Chaeyoung broke into a bashful smile that made his heart hammer a little faster.

"Hey."

"Hey. Slept well?" he asked as he wrapped an arm around her waist. She scooted closer, nuzzling into his warmth.

"Yeah. Last night...was perfect. Thank you," Chaeyoung said. Her eyes sparkled in the shaft of sunlight streaming through the window, the sight making him lean in and kiss her forehead.