Chapter 12 You struggle to meet my eyes

Nouis Chapter 12 You struggle to meet my eyes

 A/N: First month back to school, and I’m already so busy, which makes me happy and tired at the same time. Anyway, here’s the promised update, enjoy!

Louis’ POV:

I called up Eleanor, right after breakfast. I was suspicious that she knew about Louise, as Louise mentioned someone called El, and Eleanor Calder is the only person I come up with after racking my brains who has “El” for a nickname.

I wasn’t too sure about what I was feeling. Some part of me was apologetic to Eleanor, for cheating on her with Niall, some part of me was relieved, because the fact that she also hid something from me made me feel better, as if cheating on her is her karma for hiding Louise from me. I shook my head to get the second thought out, because I knew how twisted that is. Eleanor may have just ignored Louise in worry, and I should give her the benefit of the doubt. After all, I loved her. Guilt makes my heart clench a little every time I think of her.

 "Hello?” Eleanor’s voice brought me back to reality. 

“Hey El, what’s up this week? Haven’t chatted a lot, and you didn’t even text me! Well, I’m putting an end to all this, because you are coming to my home. Now.” I pretended to whine, but my voice was tense, and I almost couldn’t hide the formality inside. I came to this sudden realization that Eleanor and I… Are not in love anymore, for an awfully long time, perhaps since my tour with the band, where she argued with me about how I valued the band more than her feelings, and we got into a cold war. Obviously, we made up soon after that, for various reasons, like how our “stable” relationship stopped “Larry” rumours from getting out of hand and making us lose fans, and Eleanor needs to use One Direction’s fame to gain more popularity in the model industry—we both knew we were using each other, that “Elouor” is a win-win situation, so in private we just acted like normal friends, and pretend that we were not using each other, our “dates” became normal chats that went less frequent every day, from twice a week to once two weeks.

 “Oh well, okay, I’ll be there in 30.” Eleanor seemed rather surprised and confused at my sudden “passion” of seeing her, but that did not bother me. I was changing into girly outfit and wearing a wig. Yes, I am going to pretend to be Louise and question Eleanor subtly about Louise and William. I pulled on a black dress, which, to my surprise, fitted me quite well. I was wearing a push-up bra underneath, as I suspected Louise did too when she went shopping with Eleanor, in order that no one recognized “she” was a male. I planted a wig over my head, which turned out to be horribly itchy and annoying, as the supposed “bangs” of the wig kept ticking my neck, and I had to fight the urge not to throw the wig away. I sprinkled some perfume on my neck, as I seen Eleanor do a long time ago. Pulling on a necklace with the infinity sign on this, my hipster-wanna-be look was finally completed. I fidgeted a bit as I turned around in front of the mirror.

 “Lou?” Niall walked in, and his jaw dropped, wearing a disbelieving look that said, “oh-god-I-must-be-dying” . I smiled awkwardly and said, “Um, hey Niall, this is Louis, not Louise though.” Niall rolled his eyes. “Yeah yeah, as if I’m gonna believe that. Give me some proof.” "Look, Ni, just believe me okay? Be back in two hours, and don't tell anyone you seen me since 2 hours ago."

The doorbell rang at this exact moment, as Niall glared at me once more and went downstairs to open the door. "Hey... Eleanor?" Niall was obviously surprised to see Eleanor outside the door. "Hi Niall!" Eleanor squealed and pulled Niall into a hug. "Where's Lou?" "He's in his room, I think he's moody, and I haven't seen him since two hours ago." Niall was speaking loudly, perhaps for me to hear him. "Oh well, I'll just go upstairs and find him."

I sat back on my bed, pretending to put on more make-up, just in time as Eleanor pushed the door open. "Lou? No, Louise!" She visibly lightened up, and sat down next to me. "I should have guessed it was you! You planning to go shopping today? Let's go!" I was speechless at how dominant Eleanor was being. "El?"

"What? You are not telling me you want to go to Forever 21 right? I thought we decided last time that we were not going there although you liked it there because there's too many fans..." Eleanor just continued ranting on, and my role was simply smiling and nodding.

We jumped in her car, and she starting driving, while blasting Little Mix on the radio. "It's in his DNA, D-D-D-DNA" Eleanor was singing to the melody, happier than I had ever seen her. "I been waiting for our girls' day out for a long time, and I can't wait to shop with you!" Eleanor had a smile on her face, which was rare for "Louis", but probably not for "Louise". I signed quietly, leaning back into my seat, eyes closed.

"Louise, look, this bracelet is so cute! It's even in my favourite shade of pink with the letter E on it! Do you think I should buy it? Or should I buy this one?" Eleanor's excited voice brought me back to reality, as she dangled two delicate bracelets in front of my eyes. The sparkly glow from the crystals on the bracelets stung my eyes. I randomly pointed at one. "This one looks better on you."

"Do you really think so? I like this one too, but will the pink go with my dress? I don't even think I have any dress that can compliment this bracelet! Let's go dress shopping too!" 

Oh God. Please no. "Great idea Eleanor!" I could hear my voice start crumpling. 

A/N: So that's it, vote for shopaholic Eleanor and poor Louis who is being dragged along! Comments for "Louise", and his "hipster-wanna-be" look! Follow for more Nouis! :)