Chapter 11 This might not work out, but at least we tried

A/N: Promised update :) Yep, "Strong" is my favourite in the whole "Midnight Memories" album, and yes, I will be talking about their work, like vocal practice and stuff.And how would you think if I write a girlxgirl story? Liam, Zayn and Harry and El will all be making appearances in the next chapter. I'll clarify Louis' feelings towards Eleanor.

Louis' POV:

I was woken at eight, by the familiar chords of "Strong". "My hands, your hands..." I sleepily pressed the snooze alarm, and rolled over. There's no  vocal practice this morning, only tomorrow afternoon. However, my pillow did not welcome me as I expected, but instead, a sweet musk-smelling ruffly soft pile was what I rolled into. I blinked, for the pile tickled my face. It was Niall's head, and unbelievably he slept through me rolling onto him, and was still snoring softly, all curled up and looking adorable. I couldn't resist the temptation to take out my phone and snap a picture, and all my sleepiness disappeared. He still hasn't woke up, so I smile and shake my head, walking to kitchen to cook breakfast.

 I pile up the eggs I just fried and bacon on a plate, and toast fresh from the toaster in another. Niall was nowhere to be found.

"Niall? It's time to get up and eat!" Still, there was no response. I grew worried, for bacon was one of Niall's favourite food, and if that can't wake him up... I hurried to my room, and saw a sleeping Niall. I shook Niall, trying to wake him. "Nialler! It's time to wake up!"

"Five more minutes please Lou..." "No! Up! Now!" "You know... Every day, with you and your personalities. It's very tiring Lou..." Niall was yawning as he said this, and I stiffened. "Wait, Lou, I mean..."

The silence between us was awkward, and Niall cleared his throat. "Lou... I think we need to talk." The dreaded phrase, "We need to talk". I should have known that this was coming. My personalities, they disturb me, and I know Niall, being the victim, must have had enough of this. I hate myself for making him so sad, and I know this was killing him inside.

"Nialler... I know. I am so sorry. William and Louise, I can't stand them myself. I know I hurt you so much in these past few days, believe me, it's also killing me inside. I never wanted to hurt you like this. Follow me, please." Niall looked shocked, and I saw tears glistening in his eyes. My heart was aching with each word, but I forced my tone to be formal and unwavering. I brought him across my room, to my sock drawer.

"Niall, do you remember when we first met?" Niall wanted to say something, as he parted his lips, but I shushed him. "Everyone knows about how I met Harry, in the toilets, with the infamous 'Oops' and 'Hi'. But no one knows how I met you. I'll rather they didn't, to tell the truth. You can say this part of me, is as dark as William is. Remember this rubber band?" I took the rubber band out from my sock drawer. Niall's tears were spilling out of his eyes now. I hold back the urge to hug him and comfort him, while the my tears overflow.

"Maybe this sounds so stupid, but I believe in love at first sight. I fell in love with you, and I was so, so happy when I knew we were going to be in a band together. And then I realized you love me too. You didn't leave me after William appeared, but I know this is hard for you." I turned around, so Niall wouldn't see the tears trickling down my face. "I can't say that I can be perfect, or that I can stop William and Louise, the only thing I can be sure of is that I love you. But maybe it's time to let go. That hurts us both." I squeeze a smile, facing Niall, who was choked by his sobs. I hugged him, hard, for the last time. I closed my eyes, enjoying this last moment. But what I didn't expect was something salty and soft on my lips. Niall pressed his lips to mine, in tears and frustration, we shared a long kiss.

"Lou... I didn't mean what I said. From the night that I didn't leave after William, I knew that I wouldn't be able to leave anymore. I love you. I'm willing to stand with you in this, against everything. As long as you're here, I have soemthing to fight for. I was so scared, scared that you might be homophobic, you might not love me, scared for everything... And now I'm still scared." I hugged Niall tighter at this. "But hey, you love me, I love you, I got something to fight for, and maybe, maybe this will work out afterall. Maybe this wouldn't work out, but by then we could look to the sky and smile and cry, swearing that we tried. Give us a chance, Lou."

 I was speechless and just held Niall tighter. "thank God we talked about this, instead of just pretending that nothing happened. But let's have breakfast now babe?"

"Hey! What's with you calling me babe!" Niall blushed and pouted playfully. "Well, I do think that I should be allowed to call my boyfriend babe right?" "Hmm, I'll have to think about letting you be my boyfriend. You know, I have a huge crush on Louis Tomlinson, the singer..." "Oh really? Because I know, for sure that he's in love with someone, a blondie, also from his band, called Niall Horan..."

 A/N: Finally! They worked it out! (And admitted that they love each other!) Well, vote for the cute teasing at the end! Comment for them finally talking it through! (I did cry a little writing this... I'm way too emotional now)And finally follow for Nouis, Nouis and Nouis! xx