What To Wear?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! that probably wasn't needed in caps but toooo bad. Thank you for all the new reads and if you are reading this now, know that I am very very thankful for your time, carry on, have a wonderful day :)

She made her way out of the station without speaking another word to anyone.

Alec stood over the sink in the bathroom. His head was beginning to spin again. He reached into his jacket pocket to take his pill. He was successful in doing this. He slowly leaned with his back on the sink. Why had he told Jenny? As if she would understand anything.

He slowly gained his balance and then walked out of the bathroom.

Out in the corridor Alec walked past Ellie. Ellie grabbed his arm to catch his attention. Alec turned to face her.

"What do you want?" Alec asked her annoyed. Ellie gave him a stern look as if telling him not to mess with her. Alec took that as a sign that she wasn't in a good mood.

"Jenny was just sitting in your office and reading your papers, sir." Ellie told him. His eyes widened.

"No, she wouldn't do that." Alec told Ellie. He didn't believe that. Jenny reading the papers to Danny's case? Never.

"Sir, I walked in on her and she threw the papers down back on your desk. I told her to get out and she did. I didn't see it wrong." Ellie continued. Alec thought this over in his head. Why would Ellie have any reason to lie to him? Maybe she was right.

"I'll talk to her." Alec said simply as he turned to keep going to his office.

"Sir! It's a lot more serious than that!" Ellie yelled down the corridor. Alec heard her but kept walking.

Jenny was back in her room that afternoon. Since she was going out to dinner she thought she would have to wear something relatively nice. The thing was she didn't have anything. She reached into her pocket and pulled out thirty pounds. Alec had given it to her yesterday before he went to work. It was all she had.

She shoved the money back into her pocket and walked out of her room. She locked the door behind her and then she looked at her watch. She had two hours before Alec would be coming to get her, from there they would go to the Miller's house.

She walked down the main road until she came across a little shop that looked like it sold good clothes. She walked in and just about turned around. There in the front of the store was Beth Latimer.

"Jenny?" She heard Beth call out to her. Jenny stopped in her tracks. She couldn't just ignore Beth, not after she ran from her home the other day. She slowly turned around with an awkward smile on her face. Beth gave her a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Beth asked her. Jenny made her way back into the store.

"Um...I'm looking for something to wear for a dinner." She told Beth. Beth raised her eyebrows.

"Really? Where are you going?" She asked Jenny interested. Jenny thought about her answer carefully.

"DS Miller's house. Alec and I were invited this morning." Jenny answered. She felt so awkward talking to Beth. She was embarrassed about running away from her house.

"Cool. So what are you looking for? A dress, a top, what?" Beth asked her. Jenny was surprised that Beth even cared.

"Just a top I think." Jenny told her. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the thirty pounds.

"I've got only this." She finished. Beth smiled kindly at her.

"Don't you worry, there's lots of stuff you can find for less than that." Beth said to her. Jenny smiled.

In Jenny's head, Beth was the first person she truly had fun with. All afternoon Beth and she tried on different tops and dresses. Every color of the rainbow and every style. It was the most fun Jenny had had in years. Finally Jenny settled on a purple top with little black beads scattered over it. Beth also walked out of the store with a new dress. It made them both feel better.

"That was fun!" Jenny said as she laughed. They both walked down the road back to the Traders.

"Yeah! You looked great in the top! It suits you!" Beth laughed.

Near the end of the road in a shop window there was a sign. It read 'We want closer.' Beth spotted it and stopped in her trail. Jenny noticed her looking at the sign and slowly walked up to Beth.

"You alright?" Jenny asked her. Beth nodded with a small smile.

"Yeah, it's nice to know that the whole town wants the case closed." She said.

"Beth, it's so much more than just this small town. The country wants the case closed. They care, they all do." Jenny told Beth. Beth's smile faded.

"The thing is, if everyone wants closer, where is it?" Beth said. Jenny could feel tears flowing in her own eyes now.

"He'll do it, he'll find closer for you. I promise." Jenny said. She walked up to Beth and took her hand. Beth took one last look at the sign and then followed Jenny down the road.