Trust

Ah, so it's been a little bit since I updated but anyway, this is where the story really gets interesting in my opinion. This is one of my favorite parts, but I guess it's sad but still, I'm proud of it. Hope you all enjoy it ilygsm 

He then continued out the door

He walked up High street towards the Traders. He had an extra half hour until he had to go back to work. When he got back he knew Ellie was going to bug him about not being there with her for the questioning. The thing was he knew Ellie could do it by herself, just as good as he could've.

He turned in to the Traders side path but a voice stopped him.

"How have you been? Is the room working?" The voice said. Alec turned around to see Becca standing in front of him.

"Good, the room's good." He answered her. He brushed a strand of hair from his face.

"Good! I'm glad! So where is the occupant of this room?" She said with a big smile on her face. Alec didn't like that she was so happy and cheerful. It made him sick.

"I don't know." He answered short. Becca gave him a questioning look.

"Well that's good. Better find her." She started to back away from him.

"Yeah." He answered her. He nodded to her one last time as she faded from sight around the corner. He slowly started to back up. 'Where was Jenny?' He thought.

All of a sudden he could feel himself falling. Down the stairs he went. He could feel his breath jump right out of his mouth.

The impact was hard but it didn't knock him out. He laid there for a moment and thought about how stupid that was of him. He could've put himself back in the hospital.

He slowly sat up but stopped when the world around him became blurry. He took a slow deep breath and reached into his pocket to get his pills. It was happening again. His heart was failing him.

He then realised that he had left his pills in his room. He started to panic. He had no way of getting to them now. The impact was becoming worse. His head began to spin. He slowly laid back down on the path and drifted to sleep.

Slowly Alec came to his senses. The world was still spinning but this world was different from earlier. This world was white and bright. Off in the distance he could hear soft ticking sound.

"How much longer do you think he'll be out?" Jenny asked the nurse that was tending to Alec. She shook her head.

"I don't know. Hopefully not too long but maybe its better if he rests." She responded. Jenny nodded.

"Yeah. That way he can't go back to work." She mumbled to herself as the nurse walked away.

She looked down at Alec sound asleep. He didn't know that she was here but she hoped that when he woke up he would be grateful. Anyway, if it wasn't for her, he would be dead.

Jenny had made her way to her room that afternoon when she found Alec passed out near the stairs. She had immediately called 911 and she had come in the ambulance with him. They had then informed her that Alec had heart arrhythmia. The same condition that had killed both her parents.

Jenny then noticed Alec quietly stirring. He reached his hand up to his eyes to rub them. Jenny held her breath.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her as he came to his senses. He didn't know how she had gotten here or how she had found out.

"I found you passed out near the stairs." Jenny replied. Alec sighed.

"So you're the reason I'm here?" He asked her.

"What? You wanted me to leave you?" Jenny asked him loudly. She was getting frustrated with him now. All she wanted to do was leave and he kept making her stay. Now she tried to help him and he gets mad.

"No..." He let out a big breath. Jenny calmed herself down.

"Heart arrhythmia." She said. She folded her arms and waited for a reply. Alec looked at her with saddened eyes.

"How'd you find out?" He asked her.

"The nurse told me." Jenny told him.

"Does anyone know I'm here but you?" Alec asked her hopefully.

"No, just me." She replied.

"But I will tell someone unless you stay here. I'll make something up but you're not going anywhere until they clear you." She told him firmly. Alec slowly sat up. Jenny backed away in horror.

"No! You lay back down! You're not leaving!" She began to plead. She didn't want him to hurt himself anymore. She knew what could happen if he didn't rest. She was very familiar with it.

Alec twisted his legs out of the sheets and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm going and you are not to tell anyone else about this." He said sternly without meeting her eye.

"I'll tell someone..." Jenny's voice trailed off as she meet Alec's eye. She could tell he was saddened by all this but she could see the determination in his eye. She knew he wasn't going to stay.

"Fine." She finally mumbled. Alec gave her a slight smile.

"Ok. Grab my coat will you?" He pointed to his coat on the rack behind Jenny. Jenny turned and picked up the coat. She noticed a piece of paper fly out of its pocket but she continued to give his coat to him.

He stood up and slipped the coat on.

"You can go now. I'll see you tonight." He told her. Jenny snuck a glance at the paper on the floor and then looked at Alec. She nodded.