Chapter Nineteen

|Hope's POV|

After school, the guys told me they were all going out for an early dinner. I had a really long day at school, and Really wasn't in the mood to go.

"Are you sure you'll be okay alone? I can stay here if you need me to." Tyler says, worriedly.

"No, I'll be fine." I say, assuring him. I walk up to him and help button the last few buttons on his shirt. "I think you guys need a guys night out without me being a burden all the time."

"You are not a burden on us! We love you Hope!" Tyler says taking me by surprise.

"Aw, I love you guys too. But I want you to have some fun." I say finishing with the last button.

"Okay. But be safe."

***

Be safe, he said. Like I can't take care of myself.

I couldn't believe I was doing this, but I told myself that I should officially apologize to Vincent. He hasn't shown any hateful signs to me lately, and maybe I was wrong about Vincent. It could've been a misunderstanding. Everyone deserves second chances.

I make my way to the elevator pressing the button to the next floor. As I pass the by different levels, I notice the different areas they have at the school; a cafe, a restaurant, a gym. Boy do I need to work out. Maybe I'll ask the guys to check it out with me sometime.

My feet take me down the corridor and up to Vincent's dorm room. I gently knock on the door three times, getting that feeling again of wanting to hide away and sit in the corner away from the world.

Then I remembered who I was dealing with. I stand up straighter showing no signs of cowardice as Vincent greets me at the open door. "What." Vincent says, choosing not to meet my eyes.

"Um, can I come in." he says nothing, but steps aside letting me enter.
"I wanted to apologize for-"

"I figured." Vincent smirks.

"Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. I didn't mean to accuse you right away."

"It's fine Hope. Can we just, start fresh? Without any raping thoughts in mind?"

I laugh. "We'll see. Thanks." I walk towards his door again, about to leave.

"Wait." he stops me and I turn around
in my tracks. "I know that the Adam and the other guys are all out together, so do you wanna hang out here? I mean I have nothing better to do."

I'm silent for a second, but I shrug. "Sure. What the hell."

***

Vincent and I spend two hours laying next to each other with our backs propped up against the head of the bed.

"Is Spongebob literally what we're watching now?" I laugh.

"Are you kidding? This show is the shit." Vincent says coolly whilst tossing a piece of popcorn in his mouth again. He reached over me and grabs the remote while turning the volume up really high.

"Why so loud?" I yell over the volume of the TV.

"So no one can hear your screams." Vincent rolls over on top of me with a hand over my mouth. His chest pressed to mine.

I bite his disgusting hand, which seemed to have no effect on him at all. So I sat there while the TV drowned out my screams.

(Tyler's POV)

I shake my leg under the table, antsy to get out of this place.

"Hey man, you okay?" Jason surprisingly whispers next to me. "You've been shaking and sweating ever since we got the bill."