Chapter 7

Loud banging woke her up.

     Raya had a dreamless night, which was a whole lot more welcome than the night before. She lay in Shane's arms the whole night. Well, when they weren't getting tangled up in the sheets.

     The voice that followed the series of bangs sent a chill through her still naked body.

     Jacob?

     Raya didn't want him here. And she sure as hell didn't want him near Shane.

     Raya maneuvered out of Shane's arms.

     Or at least she tried to. Rather than loosening his grip, he pulled her closer and buried his face in the crook of her neck. His grip was impossible to break, but she had to put a stop to her ex's antics lest he call too much attention. Particularly from a nosy Ms Simons.

     She let out a small groan. And tried to wiggle out again, to no avail.

     "Maybe he'll go away," Shane mumbled with his face still snuggled in the crook of her neck.

     Raya squinted her eyes wondering how long he was awake, and why he wouldn't release her. "I wouldn't count on it. But, I'll try and get rid of him," Raya said. "If you let me go," she pointed out.

     She twisted around until she was facing Shane. She wondered again about his motives when he was willing to loosen his grip enough for her to turn over, but not allowing her to go any further than that.

     What a mistake that was!

     Shane tightened his arms around her shoulders and waist as soon as she was facing him. He hiked a leg over her hips successfully locking her up with his body.

     "Well, I'm not ready to get out of bed yet, and I don't want to be in bed without you," Shane whined.

     Raya was about to give in to him, when her phone started buzzing on her night stand.

     "Shane, I gotta do something about this." Raya hoped that she conveyed enough authority in her voice to convince him to loosen his hold on her. She put her palm on his chest and gave just the slightest bit of pressure, not really expecting him to give in. Halfway not wanting him to give in.

     Surprisingly, Shane loosened his grip on her, and allowed Raya to deal with the problem.

     Raya could feel Shane's gaze touching every bit of her naked body as she walked to her dresser that was against the same wall as the door. She could see him appraising her through the large mirror atop the dresser. They locked eyes for the briefest of seconds, but it was enough to set a subtle glow throughout her nakedness.

     The change caught her eye, causing her to break their gaze. "You can't make me glow before I go confront my ex," Raya scolded. She pulled open the top right drawer, reached in and grabbed a random pair of panties. She stepped into them without thinking if the color or cut of them.

     Jacob was banging on the door again. "Raya come on! Stop being like this! Just let me in so I can talk to you!"

     She opened the center drawer in the middle row where she kept all her denim shorts and shimmied into a pair.

     "You know, he isn't even worth your time. Just call the cops and have them remove him," Shane pointed out.

     As tempting an idea as that was, Raya couldn't do that. She would have to take care of him herself. She crossed her room to her closet and grabbed a t-shirt, slipping it over her head before emerging again.