8. A Breaktrough

Before YOU start reading this chapter I have to mention that there are only gonna be a couple of chapters till I finish this, so buckle your seatbelts and wait till I make an end to this story.
(Which is going to take a while)

But you don't have to worry about because I'm just going to let you enjoy this chapter. (If you actually enjoy it)

*David's POV*
"Gwen, where are you, I need to tell you something!"
I heard Gwen scream something in bad language and something about writing slash fanfiction.
"What the dang does 'slash fanfiction' even mean?" I thought.

I stood there a bit nervous as I was ashamed of what I was about to tell Gwen
Finally for what felt like an eternity, Gwen entered the room.
She was holding some books in her right hand that had massive locks in it to stop people from looking trough it.
She was also holding another book in her right hand that had seen better days but didn't have a lock.

I loudly sighed and said: "Gwen, I may or may not have developed feelings for someone..."
Gwen was still standing in the door opening with all her books and she looked a bit shocked.
She stared at me for a while and then asked who.

"I- I, no it's wrong, it's so wrong, it's Daniel...." I stuttered and started to sob.

"OH MY GOD I KNEW IT, I WAS SHIPPING YOU WITH HIM SINCE YOU HIRED HIM, YOU WOULD MAKE SUCH A FUCKING CUTE COUPLE WITH HIM!!" She screamed.
She accidentally dropped her books and the only book without a lock flew open revealing fanfiction about me and Daniel.

"Oh so that's slash fanfiction." I thought already trying to forget what I had just saw.
I pointed towards the now open book and said: "Okay, that's really creepy, please stop."
Gwen shook her head, picked the books back up and left.

Timeskip

*Nikki's POV*

David is still looking a bit bitter and it's been almost a week since he started to act like this.
Max and I have been discussing nonstop about what could be wrong, I mean we talk in every little bit of time we have.

But today — a couple of minutes before breakfast — I heard something that could be a breakthrough in me and Max's research.
I didn't have the chance to share my news with Max but I'm meaning to finally talk to him this evening.

I heard Gwen scream something, I couldn't hear the entire sentence but I could hear: "OH MY GOD I KNEW IT" and "YOU WOULD MAKE SUCH A FUCKING CUTE COUPLE WITH HIM"

But the moment to talk to Max was nearing, almost everyone finished Quartermaster's "dinner" and we're almost allowed to leave, and if you wonder If anyone eats their food slowly just to piss the other campers off then you're absolutely right because Nurf does that like every fucking day.

Finally Nurf finished eating his stuff and we were allowed to leave, as always there was chaos to leave this god forsaken messhall, Dolph got smacked down by Nurf. Preston was rehearsing his stupid musical shit. Ered was being her cool self. And Harrison and Nerris were immune to all this going on because they were being "in love" again.

After this "inconvenience" it was pretty peaceful for the rest of the night.
Nurf did cause some trouble but luckily Gwen fixed that in a couple of minutes, by that I mean that Gwen picked up the trash that came out of the smashed trash can that Nurf falcon punched.

"Max?" I asked. Max didn't answer but let out an sleepy grumble which translated to: "shut the fuck up I'm trying to fucking sleep".
"I may have found out why David's acting a bit weird." I replied to his rude grumble.

He sprung up which startled me a bit. "What did you find out?!"

I started saying the same things I heard Gwen scream and he nodded along when I explained the whole thing and my theory.
"I think we may be on to something, I was already suspicious that he wasn't straight. He seemed really uncomfortable when he was in a relationship with Bonquisha, although he did do a good job hiding it." Max said.

"Should we bother him about it?" I asked
"No, I think he's ashamed about it, I wouldn't want to be seen with someone like Neil or Preston. We could try to reach Bonquisha and ask her some questions?"

I nodded and asked: "But how are we going to reach her?"
Max facepalmed maybe a bit too hard, he was literally pushing his face against the wall and the old dusty radio fell from his shelf on his foot then the ground.

Luckily the radio was still okay, Max's foot too if anyone is wondering.
"So what did you do which made that piece of shit fall on your foot?" I asked

"I was facepalming because there is an app which she is likely still using, it's called Tinder"
I was now facepalming myself because I couldn't believe I was this stupid.

"We are going to try and talk to her tomorrow, I'm way too sleepy to do it now" he suggested.
I nodded and threw my blanket over me.

"Goodnight Max"

"Goodnight Nikki"