Chapter 3

I walk in the bathroom and flip on the switch, I quickly close my eyes from the sudden burning sensation caused by the sudden light that surrounds the tiny room. I turn on the faucet and watch the water slowly pour out, I grab the soap and start rubbing It causing little bubbles to surround my hands. I rinse the soap off and put It back on Its container and rinse my hands, I grab the small dark green towel and dry my hands off. I grab my toothbrush and put some minty toothpaste on It, I brush my teeth then I spit out. I look at my cut up hand and bring out my med kit, I dap some alcohol on It and I put a new set of bandages on It. 

I turn the light off and head to the door, I put my shoes on and open the door grabbing my work and book as well. I walk to the great dining hall as walk to my sit I see Hermione sitting at her table with her boyfriend and friend. I sit down and look at the food feeling like I was gonna barf "hey pansy why aren't you eating" I hear Draco ask, I just shrug "I ate in my room" I say back. I feel his eyes on me "are you doing okay Pansy, you've been acting strange this week" he asks with concern. I smile and look at him "It's fine, just not feeling well that's all" I say still smiling, he smiles as well and goes back to eating.

I get up and walk to class, I sit in my seat and open my book the next chapter is called The Aftermath, I look at my left arm and pull my sleeve up. I look at the cut seeing it was red from trauma or something else, who cares I'm not a doctor and I'm just getting started. I pull my sleeve back down and the bell rings, I close my book and put it to the side the students come in the classroom along with Hermione. Please don't sit next to me I think, I feel her eyes look at me but I was looking down trying not to make eye contact. In the corner of my eye, she makes her way over to me great just great, the seat next to me pulls back. 

I see her put her book down on the desk then sit down as well, don't say or make eye contact with her and you will live  I say in my head. Professor Snake comes in with a smirk on his face making me uneasy "Today will be going over the confusing concoction potion. The directions are on the board and did I mention Its a partner thing" he says are you kidding me at lea- "the person next to you will be your partner for the rest of the semester, that is all".  My face goes pale from his statement why I never caused trouble in your class he's doing this on purpose. Just don't say anything or make contact with her I say again, I grab the first ingredient but her hand touches mine I pull back in shock. 

Let's add no physical contact to that list "Pansy" I hear her say, the color from my face goes pale again I just go back to looking at the board. I freeze when I feel her hand grabs mine "pansy please hear me out" she asks with hope in her voice, I feel my face suddenly warm up with hope. I nod and look down "I'm sorry I accused you of stealing my bracelet, I just don't wanna be tricked. I mean your being really kind all sudden and I don't want It to be some kind of prank or trick, I really want to be close and have fun like friends. If you want to be my friend that is" she says with hope in her voice again.

Friends, I think why does that make me smile but makes my heart ache as well I don't understand these feelings. I look at Hermione with a smile "I would love that very much and Its okay Hermione" I say back. Her face beams with excitement as well as she grips my hand "let's get back to work" I say as I remove my hand from hers. I feel my heart clench as I let go, the bell rings signaling for the second period, I could feel myself go in auto mode. I shake my head to see It was lunch so I head to the library and sit down in the far right corner, I open my book and start reading the rest of The Aftermath chapter. 

I flinch from a tap on my shoulder I look to see Hermione sitting beside me with her book too, I smile at her and look back down "Pansy If I may ask, why is your right hand covered with bandages" she says. I immediately stop reading "I uh I um broke something and I accidentally cut my knuckles and hand pretty bad," I say, nice save idiot I say in my head. It was quiet after that "Pansy look at" she says, I look at her "let's go in my dorm so I can take a look at It" she says. I couldn't say no to her It would kill me and she doesn't take no for an answer especially when Its serious, I nod and I follow her to her dorm. I sit on her bed and look around her dorm, she walks out of the bathroom with a medkit in her hand and sits on a chair across from me. 

She scoots her chair closer to the bed and opens the medkit "let me see your hand pansy" she says, I hold my arm out and in front of Hermione and she grabs my arm and lays It down. She starts undoing the bandages making me nervous about what she'll say, I look at my hand to see It was still pretty scratched up. I feel Hermione eyes on me "are you sure you got cut by glass or did you punch something" she says, I could feel my mouth go dry at her reply. I look at her" yes and no" I say with nervousness, I couldn't lie but I couldn't tell her the truth either"Pasny what really happened" she asks. I ignore her question and look away, "I guess I'm just gonna have to do this hard way" she says as she pulls out her wand. 

I look at her with widened eyes "wait wha-  "Veritaserum" she mutters as she points her wand at me, I couldn't move my mouth or say nothing. She puts her wand back on the table and looks at me "what really happened" she asks while crossing her arms "I punched a mirror, in my room" I say. I put my hand on my mouth as I tremble, "why did you do that" she asks in concern "I was annoyed with myself"  I say back. I can move my mouth now, "why" she asks, "I'm a filthy Slytherin, I'm rude and a thief, I shouldn't even be trusted and I shouldn't even have friends. You were right" I say as I look down, I sigh "I should go," I say, I slowly move off the bed, I flinch when I feel arms surround me. 

I turn around and look at Hermione, so this is the feeling of love I never imagined It to feel so warm and inviting, I gently wrap my arms around her and hug her back. This is going to hurt but at least I'm gonna be there for her even If I will get severely damaged nothing could ever compare to this.