Chapter 9

I look at the Celine and sigh, I can't wait for tomorrow I wonder what Draco picked for his dress wear I bet he bought Harry a suit before he could tell him no. I remember our first Yule Ball, I, Blaise and, Draco was so excited we took so many pictures, we were so happy until we had to separate because of the accident. Draco was mad at Blaise for dating a Gryffindor behind his back, Blaise said he wouldn't approve and that it was his business after a week the Gryffindor cheated on him. Blaise was devasted that he shut everyone out, Draco ignored him but I know he still cares, Blaise went back to be silent and drinking I made sure to tell him to handle his alcohol addiction. I miss being together with them, I remember when we first met, my parents planned my engagement before I even went to Hogwarts I was furious and anxious. 

They wanted me to see my future husband so when we got married it wouldn't be awkward or difficult, I didn't want anything to do with him when we saw each other he told me his name. Draco Malfoy, I ignored his hand and sat down on the chair, I told him my name and he nodded I'm sure neither of us wanted anything to do with each other. I told him I would never like him and said he wouldn't like me either, we laughed and talked about how commanding are parents would be. When I went to Hogwarts I searched for him, we hugged and talked about our summer, we stopped when we heard someone crying, I ran to see a boy sitting alone with two other boys surrounding him. They were yelling about how much of a wimp he was, I went up to them and yelled about how I would pick him up and throw him out this tower, they ran crying the whole way. 

The boy wiped his tears and got up, he hugged me and thanked us for helping him saying his name was Blaise Zabini, I pat his back and smiled. Draco stood there looking rather annoyed, saying how he should grow up and defend himself saying how muggles bring in there filth and think they can just take over. He told him to fight first before got him, I frowned and Blaise nodded when we got sorted Slytherin we sighed with relief knowing our parents would kill us if we didn't, we were safe for now. We took Draco's advice, everyone feared us, some angry others terrified I really didn't like doing it but no one bothered us so I kept going, we changed and we grew. I still regret what I did but at least I stopped, my door opens with someone yelling, I sit up and look to see Draco. 

He shuts the door and sits beside me, " I  got the outfits for me and Harry, they look amazing I can't wait for tomorrow" he says with a glint in his eyes, I laugh at him while he rolls his eyes. I never saw Draco so excited, it makes me happy to know he's happy and not grouchy, he nudges me, " did you get your outfit for tomorrow," he says. I laugh nervously and look away, " I knew you would forget so I order it as well as mine. I remember you looking at something through the window so I made a mental note to get it" he says, I punch his shoulder and smile, " praise Draco the amazing idi- friend" I say covering up. He throws a box at me, " the amazing idi-friend help you out, so enjoy" he says laughing, I open the box to see the dress, I push it to the side sigh, " what's wrong did I get the wrong one" he says. 

I stretch and get up, " no you got the right one, I'm just nervous about tomorrow," I say back, he gets up  and pats me on the back, " I'm gonna be there as well, I'll be there is all goes wrong, I swear besides we got each other" he says. It didn't make me feel better but it helps keep it away, I smile and hug him, he hugs back and pulls away looking at the clock, " I have to meet Harry for a date, I'll see you tomorrow" he says. I nod and he runs out the door, maybe I'll go to the library for a while, I look at the windows as I walk carrying my book, I never notice how the lake looks breathtaking. I stop when someone touches my shoulder,  " Pansy I'm gonna be at the dance as well" Blaise says, I turn and look at him, " if you need me, I'll be there you just won't see me" he says. I poke his chest and smirk, " you better or else I'm raiding your trunk full of alcohol" I say, he crosses his arms and smirks, " like that will ever happen, I have a combination to my trunk" he says confidently. 

I scoff. " 33563," I say, his eyes widen and I walk away when does that idiot ever learn I know him like the back of my hand after all we grew up together, I walk in the library and set my book on the counter. I head to the muggle section looking around to see if I'm alone, I sigh and crouch down, It's been an awhile since I read a book, I shiver at the thought and grab a book looking at the cover. "The one who roams alone," it says, I get up opening the book as I do, I walk to a table and sit on the chair not taking my eyes off the book, " Pansy are you feeling okay," someone says. I look up from my book seeing Hermione, I thought nevermind, " I'm fine what makes you say that" I say putting my book down. She sits down still looking at me, " I overheard what you and Blaise talked about in the halls," she says back. 

I swallow my spit and look at my book, " oh, I um have no one to go to the Yule ball with that's why, since Draco is going with Harry, I'm alone" I say still looking at the book, she grabs my hand and smiles. I look up feeling confused, " I'll go with you, after all, I'm your friend and I have no one to go with as well," she says, I bite my lip and squeeze her hand, " thanks I really needed this," I say. She squeezes back, " I was meaning to ask you anyway since harry is going with Draco, so do you like anyone," she says removing her hand from mine, I freeze and rub my hand, " um why are you asking that," I say. She shifts, " I just wanna make sure no one takes my friend from me, just like Draco did to Harry I hardly have anyone to talk to, I'm glad you're here," she says, my heart quickens making me nervous. I exhale trying to calm myself, " I know how you feel I miss talking to Draco and sneaking in the kitchen eating tarts, I'm glad he's happy though," I say frowning slightly. 

I lean on the chair, " hey Pansy you wanna read with me in my common room" she says, I nod while getting up grabbing my book, we walk to Gryffindor common room she says the password and the painting opens. I sit beside her by the fire, " Pansy, why isn't Blaise with you guys, the last time I saw you guys together, was when you guys were yelling" she says. I put my book down, " Draco got mad at him for not telling him he was dating a Gryffindor, Blaise said he wouldn't approve of it and that it's his business. Blaise didn't eat with us anymore and a week later the Gryffindor cheated on him, he blocked everyone out and went back to drinking. Draco ignored it but I know he still cares, it hurts to know my friends I grew up with are not by my side together" I say.  

I pick up my book and wipe my eyes, I exhale and open my book, " sorry for being emotional, its stress" I say nervously, I'm such I wreck maybe I should drink when I get back, " Pansy it's okay to be emotional. I'm actually happy your sharing feelings with me, to me it means you rely on me more" she says, I grip my book and smile, I love her.