Chapter 8: A Caring Leader & A Fateful Meeting

Timeskip, An Hour Later After The Fight

"I see...so it's no wonder why Y/N could do more than we thought was normal..." Annie said while looking out the window as everyone in the room was in shock.

"Are you for real...That big monster from a long time ago was Y/N...?" Ruby asked while staring up at her sister as Yang nodded.

"No one's ever found out until now. We've tried out best to keep his secret hidden from everyone, but something's ticking Y/N's instincts off. He's never acted like this before, attacking people deliberately? Even if it was Cardin, he wouldn't do this." Yang reassured your actions as Julia stood up.

"I don't wanna be the buzzkill, but I don't think that's the case." Julia said as Yang raised a brow.

"What are you talking about?" Yang asked in interest as Julia stared over at you while you laid unconscious.

"When I first met him, he did seem like someone who's just a complete idiot that anyone would get along with, but ever since he came back from the forest during the initiation I felt like something in him changed. He seemed strange and back in Port's class he was acting paranoid when he left. Something happened in that forest and it's caused him to go on edge and let his animalistic instincts take over." Julia theorized as everyone stared at her.

"But, what could have caused him to go on edge?" Sarah asked while sitting next to you in worry.

"Back in the forest when we were heading back to the cliffs I saw him staring out towards a different direction of the forest. I snapped him out of it and made him run, but as he passed me and I glanced over where he was looking I saw something run off through the forest. Something fast and it had a tail." Julia tried to remember what happened.

"It was probably just a grimm." Annie suggested as Julia shook her head.

"No, I don't think so. I mean if it was a grimm why didn't it chase us?" She asked.

"Maybe it saw we were in a large pack and decided it was best to avoid us?" Ruby suggested.

"Guys, we have to really think about this. If we don't figure out what's going on with Y/N and who or what he saw in the forest, we might have another Lagos event right in the center of Vale." Julia said as Yang stood up and turned away.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing." Yang crossed her arms in disbelief.

"You don't need to. Just watch, if we leave him be...disaster will come." Julia said as Yang turned around and glared at her.

"Are you saying Y/N will turn on us?" Yang spat at her.

"I'm saying he might go crazy and destroy everything in his path." Julia retorted.

"You don't know him." Yang got in Julia's face as the two squared off.

"I know the monster he is." Julia told Yang.

"He's NOT a monster!" Yang yelled before the two were split apart by Annie who used her semblance and used her dragon heads to pull the two away.

"It doesn't matter what either of you think, what we focus on is making sure Y/N is okay." Annie said as she put them down and sat next to you on your bed. "We'll take turns keeping an eye on him. Know one else can know about his secret, just us. Understood?" Annie gave an order as everyone nodded in agreement. "Alright, I'll take first watch. You guys go on out, get some air." Annie said as everyone began to leave the dorm.

Sarah hesitated as everyone else left, but Annie held Sarah's hand and smiled at her as Sarah was still worried.

"It's okay, I'll be by his side the whole time. I'll call you if I need you. Go relax for a bit, spread your wings." She patted Sarah's wings as she just nodded and exited the room while Annie turned and looked at you. "I'm your leader...You're supposed to tell me everything...Why didn't you tell me what they did to you...?" Annie muttered as she stroked your hair from your face.