Chapter 10: Old Rivalries Still Burn Red, The Faunus Conflict

Timeskip, A Week Later

After your encounter with Annabelle and Diana who tried to take you from your friends, and after building and unlocking even more strength from within your body and recovering from battle, you were out and about with team RWBY and your team as you strolled through the streets of Vale. You walked around the town looking at everything as the citizens of Vale all seemed busy setting up for some sort of festival that was coming soon by hanging up countless balloons, putting up various decorations and making the city feel more lively.

"What's going on here? Is there a special event happening?" Sarah asked as you all watched a sign get hung up that said 'Welcome to Vale' on it and Weiss looked ecstatic.

"The Vytal Festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful!" She said with excitement.

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out." Ruby commented on her enthusiasm.

"How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament! Oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breath taking." Weiss said as Yang sighed.

"You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring." Yang joked.

"Quiet you!" Weiss retorted from her comment.

"Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?" Yang said in boredom as Ruby pinched her nose closed.

"Ugh, they smell like fish." Ruby said in disgust as you smelled the fishy, salty air and smiled.

"I think it smells great." You commented while taking the air in as everyone stepped back one step from you.

"I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom." Weiss said as you all continued along on the docks.

"She wants to spy on them so she can have the upper hand in the tournament." Blake commented as Annie snorted in humor from her comment.

"Ugh, you can't prove that." Weiss denied the claim.

"Whoa..." Ruby said as you all looked at her staring off at something.

When you all averted your gazes towards where she was looking you all saw a dust shop that had its windows shattered and it also seemed burned around the main entrance as police tape covered the area of the incident. Out of curiosity you all made your way over to the scene and saw two detectives standing outside as one stared at the structure and the other was doing paper work.

"What happened here?" Ruby asked as the detective doing paper work looked up.

"Robbery. Second dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle." The detective said as he went back over to discuss things with his partner.

"Ugh, that's terrible." Yang said while putting her hand to her hip as the detectives spoke loud enough for you to hear.

"They left all the money again." The detectives partner said.

"Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense. Who needs that much dust?" His partner asked as they both shrugged. "You thinkin' the uhh, White Fang?" He suggested.

"Yeah, I'm thinkin' we don't get paid enough." His partner said in annoyance as you heard Weiss huffed.

"Hmph, the White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates." Weiss crossed her arms.