Chapter 9

"What makes you think you can do this?" Yells Nikki. He had me pinned against the wall.

It's been a couple of days and this isn't our first one on one encounter regarding me and Axl so far.

"How many time are you gonna ask me that before you do something about it?" I question. My voice fragile. His eyes lowered as he let go of me.

"If you want me to make her leave I will. You just gotta tell me."

I rolled my eyes.

"And if I don't? You're just gonna keep fucking her, and tell her all these lies and eventually you are gonna care for her if you haven't already."

He crossed his arms, adjusting his posture.

"You are such a fucking hypocrite. You are doing the same to Axl, are you not?"

He was right. But I care for Axl. Axl and I could work. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

"I like Axl. You are in and out of my life and I just need you to pick one. You can't keep dragging me back whenever you see me happy with him."

He paced around the room frantically rubbing his chin for a good couple of minutes before leaving.

"Just give me some time." Was all he said as he shut the door behind him.

———————

"What did he say this time?" Asked Axl.

Not long after the incident with Nikki, Axl came into the room to comfort me as he saw Nikki storm out.

"He said I don't care for you and I'm telling you all these lies. That if I want her to go then he'll tell her." My eyes were red and puffy.

"You know that's not true right? You know I'm really with you now?" I sob to which he just chuckles.

"I know I know," he says, wiping my tears, "it's nothing to cry about." He whispers as he pecks my lips. Making me form a smile.

———————

"Y'all are really together now huh?" Asks Tommy as we sit at the bar.

I nod my head, taking a gulp from my jacks.

"I knew it was coming." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Are you happy?" He Asks. I look over at him, cocking my eyebrow.

"I care for him so much. Heck, I think I love him."

He rolls his eyes, "I asked if you are happy."

It took me a minute to think. "I know I could be but it seems Nikki always gets in the way of it every time I feel like I am."

"How?"

"Well," I start, "He's always dragging me to another room when we're alone and yells at me. Talking about how he'll leave her and that I don't feel anything for Axl."

"I say screw them both and go for me." He winks, causing us to chuckle.

"Whatever."

———————

It's been about an hour or two of me and Tommy just talking and drinking at the bar in the hotel before Nikki comes storming to me with a grin plastered on his face.