Chapter Three

"Boss!" I heard. My head snapped up from my makeup chair and I looked into the ring light. A camera recorded my every move, a light highlighting my face as I sat in my filming station.

So much had changed in just two years.

Fame and fortune had found me. I held properties all over the world, held shares with important factors all over the country and was an accomplished singer. Gone was the broken girl. In her place was a prospering young woman who held the world in her hands and was determined to make the best of it. I held a growing family of my own -my brothers and girlfriends and animals- and held a bright career in front of me.

My skin now a predestine porcelain and my body thin. A subtle contour was on my cheeks, nose, lips and forehead, highlight around the cupids bow, nose, lips, chin and jawline. Not a smudge in sight. Powder was set in perfectly, a trendy intricate white, gold and brown smokey eye on the lids, the eyebrows predestine and perfect, a matt brown on my now plump lips. I wore a hip long wig of light and dark blonde highlights, the colours sparkling in the ring light. I looked down at my makeup table and saw the mountain of used and expensive makeup.

So much had changed.

I looked up at my short red headed assistant, standing up. Today, I wore a designer high neck and long sleeve black sparkle crop top with an open back, a pair of expensive dark jeans and a pair of sparkle mesh heels, extenuating my height. My ears were covered in diamonds, the lobe, upper lobe, antri tragus, anti hook, hook, helix, flat and tragus all pierced with diamond studs in all on both of my ears. The left middle finger and right ring finger held impressive gems, my usual diamond encrusted watch on my right hand.

So much had changed.

"Madison," I smiled, looking at one of my assistants.

"You look marvellous," she grinned, handing me my usual coffee for the day.

"Thank you," I smiled. "What's on my agenda today?"

"Well, you just filmed your get ready with me, didn't you?"

"I did."

"Great, so, you have thirty minutes before you have to leave for your first appointment of the day. We'll have Andrew come over to edit it and get it out, whilst you make the drive over to the site. You'll spend two hours at the makeup place going over swatches for your new pallet, then you'll be with Mandy and Joe for thirty minutes trying to pick the name. You have a meeting at twelve about a dead with a Scottish jeweller trying to merge his company with the jewellery business. That'll go on for around three hours. You have a lunch date with Kenna and Greer at four thirty, before an interview about the book with an indie kid. That'll go on for forty minutes. You'll have a conference call about Marie de Guise with her doctors, both psychological and cancer specialist. This'll go on for twenty minutes, before a phone call about the inheritance and how much will be left when she passes on the way to a quick dinner with Drake to start the ball rolling on album number four, before a drive over to sunset studios to film a late night show. You'll be there until eleven, before coming all the way back here to start the day again," she grinned, looking up at me from her phone. "You got a packed day, my friend."

"I do indeed." I sighed. "Are the kids fed and watered?"

"They are, just came back from their walk and watching the fish be fed. Waiting for mom to leave." she smiled. "Now, are we done for getting ready? All worked and yoga'd out?"

"I am," I smiled, getting up from the chair and switching the lights off. We walked out of the room and walked over to the dressing room. I grabbed a black handbag with silver embellishments and a matching long coat and walked out of the room again, leaving the wing and going down the staircases to the grand, twisting staircase, moving gracefully down to the foyer and watching as my children bounded towards me, yelping happily.