Chapter Thirty Seven

(Hey everybody, just popping in to clear a few things up before this next chapter. Thanks for the nice comments on last chapters' rewrite. I know not a lot of you read the original version because I took it down almost immediately after putting it up, but for those who did, first of all, sorry for the awfulness of it all. Second, I think I wanted to make Francis as least guilty as possible, for reasons that will be revealed in future chapters, although the end result was pretty bad. That's why the unorthodox method of conception was put up. (And to the people who think it's impossible, yes it is possible. All you need is one to make a baby, after all. Highly unlikely, yes, but not impossible.) But I realised it was really dumb and quickly took it down and rewrote it. I realised that he had to take accountability immediately after, and the sheer honesty of the conception was a way to make all of them less guilty than if they were to lie about it. So, hope that clears it all up. Next, this chapter is a song-fic chapter. And the chapter after next will be as well. But from then on, I don't think there's any more. Maybe one or two, I haven't decided and I do have some ideas for possible scenarios. But I'm pretty sure that the rest of it is gonna be straight forward and concise because Mary is on the straight and narrow path, at least the drugs and alcohol circumstance. Hope that clears everything up, hope you enjoy the next chapter! Also, this chapter's gonna delve deeper into Mary's childhood and is gonna get a little deep. So, warning for all of you out there)

"Hey, you." I looked up, seeing Toby and Tony walking past me. I smiled at them, finishing my pills for the morning.

"Hey." I smiled, taking a few sips of water, before putting the metal bottle back onto the table. They took their places near me and we faced the computer screen. I spun around a little on the spiny chair, facing the screen straight forward. "Is it done?" I asked.

"Yeah, all ready for publishing." Toby nodded. "We just wanna run it by you and make sure it's all to your taste and liking, since you've been working so hard on getting yourself better after we filmed it." he finished. I nodded, taking another sip of water from the bottle in front of me.

"Fair enough." I swallowed.

"So, as you know," Tony started. "your parts were filmed just after you got out of Arizona, in that little gap between one treatment centre and the hospital you were in for a couple weeks." he stated.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"And in those two weeks, we managed to film the others and get everything cut up with the vocals you did earlier. Sound good?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Play it." I finished.

"On it." Toby clicked a few buttons and the screen started to play.

"Dark as midnight

Six pack Coors Light
You don't look the same" I watched the black and white, grand piano play by my hand. Leaves were on the ground and I was outside. Candles were lit all around me and I wore a beautiful, rustic white tulle ballgown. My hair messy and wavy, makeup done to perfection.

"Mommy?" I asked, coming into her bedroom. I shook horridly, memories of the night daddy went into heaven waking me up in the night. I cried out for her or one of our nannies, but nobody came. "Mommy?" I asked, leaning up onto my tip toes to try and see her so she would do what normal mommies did and hug me and tell me everything was going to be okay. But she wasn't there.

"Mama, are you there?" I asked, holding Winston the bear closer to my chest, walking towards the side of the bed. There she was. On the floor.

"Mama, why are you on the floor?" I asked, tapping her ankle with my foot, cold from padding over to her bedroom where her and daddy used to sleep together. She didn't answer me.