Chapter Nine

We managed the rest of the tour with ease, before flying home with my brother intact, deciding the lounge about in the castle for a few days, before we had to go to France to finalise this deal with the Valois. We slept off the jet lag, and did some meetings about some of my mothers' jewellery and clothing businesses, before flying out to her native France and setting up in one of my mothers' homes that was in CC's name. With the entire place made of mostly glass and modern furniture and overlooking Paris, we were reluctant to leave and do business, but we forced ourselves to remove our comfy sweats and dress in more respectable clothing.

With my friends holding positions in my main company, my fathers' technological empire, they had their own work to do and their own people to meet, as well as Jamie and CC. Jamie met with some businessmen looking for an alliance with our fathers' empire, whilst CC focused on meetings about the future of my mothers' more feminine business empire. So, apart from Jeffrey, Brie and my security team, I was alone as we made the two and a half hour journey to the Loire Valley and to the home of the Valois-Angoulême.

I brought Da Vinci, Dynasty and Empire with me for company. Empire was one of my new black Chow Chow puppies that I'd recently gotten as an early birthday present from my closest work friends, as well as his brother Emperor. They both had black fuzzy fur with matching black eyes. They all were on their pretty collars and leashes underneath a black faux fur blanket, obediently sitting next to me on the drive towards the home I had spent two summers and a Christmas in as a child.

I wore a black velvet bardot short sleeved top with matching trousers under a black sheer over skirt that fell into a train with black floral embroidery with my favourite black velvet heels with red soles and an upside down golden Eiffel tower creating the six inch heel. I wore black faux leather gloves with a cut out going across the back of my palm with a thin golden strap over my wrist. A rose gold wig that fell to my lower back fell from my head, curled at the ends with a fishtail bun at the top that was supported by a silver chain that ended at my forehead, a six carat diamond sitting nicely on my forehead. I wore a thick black suede coat that went to my feet, a black faux fur scarf around my throat, a necklace of diamonds and emeralds on my neck, a matching earring set sitting near my neck. It was cold in France, for we were quite high up in altitude.

We'd been taking business calls ever since we left the apartment and I was nervous. What would happen at the Valois-Angoulême? Would Francis be there? Would Henry let me out of my betrothal? Would Henry force the marriage here and now? Would Catherine say anything? Was she against or for the marriage? What would they say about the prenup and terms of the marriage? Did she approve? Did she not? What did she think about the prenup and terms? What did Henry?

"Boss Lady," a voice said, bringing me out of my inner thoughts and turning to the left as I heard my nickname my people had for me. "We're here." one of my security team said. Looking behind him, I saw the familiar home that I had spent months inside. I nodded silently and unbuckled my seat belt, taking the blanket away from my small dogs and taking them out, holding them in one arm as I grabbed my expensive bag, getting out of the car and walking towards the other security guards who had knocked on the door. Never one to put them on a cold floor, I held my small dogs in my arm as I was helped up towards the door and watched as Catherine opened it. She was as regal (?) as ever in purple and red, but, uncharacteristically, -from what i remember- she said nothing.

"Hello, ma'am. We're here to see Henry Valois-Angoulême." he said. Catherine looked from him to the man standing next to him, to the third in front of me, almost looking for me, before nodding and stepping aside to let us in. I didn't not notice the way her eyes lingered on me as I walked past her and was lead into the spacious lounge. I slipped off my coat and placed my dogs onto it.