Chapter Thirty Six

(Hey guys, forget about sometime in the next two days. I'm gonna fix the worst chapter ever right now. Sorry about that, I have no idea why I even published it, it was that awful. I promise I'll do better going forward.)

"Shh," the nurse coaxed me. I trembled violently on my bed, my heart thumping so hard that I thought it would give out. I breathed in and out hard, my trembling body pale and slick with sweat. My stomach rolled and I wined in pain. I tried to curl up, but my restrainers kept me on my side.

A surge of anger flowed through my veins, igniting them as if it were a stroke of lightening.

I growled, lunging forwards in vain.

"Woah!" they called out, restraining me deeper into the bed. I seethed, anger and humiliation pulsing through me. I sniffled, tears streaming down my face. My head nurse shushed me some more, stroking my hair like Catherine did to Blaire when we were a child.

"It's okay, baby doll. I promise, it's gonna be okay." she said, her voice soothing. They gave me some water to sip, slowly leaning me up to a sitting position as my body trembled even further, from cold, shock, anger, heartbreak.

"Is she okay?" I heard. My head snapped up, seeing that little whore standing at the doorway. I growled, remembering why she was here in the first place.

"W-what do you mean 'It happened again'?" I asked shakily, leaning on the dresser for support. My legs trembled as I swallowed deeply, wrapping my arms around myself for comfort. "What happened again?" I asked quietly.

Lola cried into her hands, suddenly extremely emotional. I stared at her, breathing harshly. No. She couldn't mean what I thought she meant. Could she? No, of course not. He wouldn't do that again. He swore to me that afternoon that he would never do it again.

She sniffled, opening her mouth to reply.

"I'm so, so sorry." she cried. My nerves became painful. I could feel my limbs tremble as she opened her mouth to say something. But nothing came out. She only cried.

"Lola, tell me." I implored. "Please," I whispered. "What happened again?" I asked hopelessly. I didn't really have to. Her reaction and the swell of her abdomen were enough. I had to know. I had to cling onto denial whilst I had the chance.

"A few months ago-" she sniffled. "I was at a party for the Valois. They had a breakthrough with one of their companies and it started doing better. You know the one? The corporations company?" she asked. I nodded slowly.

"Of course." I stated slowly, starting her down. My gaze seemed to intimidate her and she looked down.

"I needed to call the kids' nanny to see if they'd gotten to bed at the right time. I stepped out for a moment to call them. But when I did, I walked into-"

"Francis." I stated. It was obvious where this was going. I hadn't had clarification, I clung to denial, but that look in her eyes. I already knew. She didn't even have to tell me. The woman could never lie to me. Not for one moment could she get away with deception.

"Yes." she sighed. "He was calling Bash, 'cause he and Kenna knew how you were and he wanted to know. Only Greer and Kenna and Aylee knew how you were. He had to pass on some information about you to your parents', 'cause they were freaking, too."

"Just after the tabloids found out about me going into rehab." I nodded once, sighing out the words. I wasn't that angry yet. I wasn't even shocked. I was just tired. Tired of all the deception and the lies and negative things happening to me and how they all seemed to tie to the man I loved and the girl who I didn't think would betray me. Why couldn't I let one of them go, and keep the other away?