Chapter 7

"Luke, that's insane. You're insane." Michael threw his arms up in the air, flailing them for dramatic effect. "This whole thing is insane! How the frick do I get myself in these situations?!"

   Michael tugged at his hair as if the whole world had collapsed around him and he had witnessed it firsthand. He was being melodramatic, of course, and just wanted to make sure Luke knew just how idiotic his 'plan' was.

   Luke just laughed at Michael, ignoring his pleas and obvious hatred for the blonde's plan. 

   Michael groaned at Luke's obliviousness, and rolled his eyes, grabbing a broom from beside him and bonking Luke on the top of his head with it.

   "Ack!"

   Michael smirked in triumph, leaning the broom against his side. Luke simply returned the smirk, making Michael's waver. "Oh, it's on Clifford."

   Michael's eyes widened in realization as Luke reached for the mop that was effortlessly draped on the wall next to the blue eyed boy. 

   He threw his head up, his chin pointed towards the ceiling, and called out, "The end is near! The end is near!"

   Luke laughed at him and held the mop over the other boy's face, gently using the bristle like part of the mop to caress Michael's face, in vain to get Michael to either laugh or sneeze.

   Luke knew one was bound to be adorable. Or both. Most likely both.

   "You sound like those guys who stand on the side of the road droning on and on about the zombie apocalypse!" Luke teased, brushing Michael's face more and more violently as he progressed. 

   Michael fake pouted. "Maybe I am one of those guys! Or maybe one of those guys is my uncle!" He frowned. Luke raised his eyebrow suggestively.

  The older boy sighed. "The impending zombie apocalypse should be at the top of your worry list, okay." He mumbled, his cheeks growing hotter and gaining a pinkish hue.

  Luke giggled and poked Michael's cheek. "Aww. Little Mikey's embarrassed about talking about nerdy stuff." Michael swatted his hand away and glared at Luke.

   "It's not nerdy, it's scientific..." He grumbled, but Luke just kept on giggling, playing with thin strands of Michael's hair-that desperately needed conditioner, let's be honest-and using his other hand to repeatedly poke Michael's cheek, even though Michael continuously swatted his tan hand away.

  "C'mon, Mikey. Project Cashton is underway." Luke spoke defiantly, standing up and pointing towards that door as if he were a soldier. "Onward, my trusted friend."

   At that point, Michael was giggling himself, because the scene Luke was putting on quite resembled the scene from The Grand Adventures of Winnie The Pooh when Pooh was trying to protect his 'hunny' from heffalumps.

   Luke just shot him a wary look, as if he was trying to figure out if MIchael was sane or not, then proceeded to open the door to the outside world.

   The students were all piling out of the school [yes they were in the closet for a full period don't judge] at this point, which meant that Michael and Luke could sneak out of the janitors closet [you can't stay in the closet forever just come out already larry] without being noticed and-hopefully- without people thinking they just got done *coughs*.

   Once they successfully make it out of the closet without false accusations, the pair find themselves in a sea of high-schoolers when they were trying to find a certain aussie and a certain kiwi.

   "Uh, Michael."

   "Yeah, Luke?" Michael forced out, grabbing Luke's small wrist in an effort not to get lost in the crowd of bodies.

   He and Luke were being pushed places and were almost completely out of breath from pushing back and standing their ground. 

   It reminded them of concerts. How there would be the occasional fight or mosh pit, the rolling of eyes, the sweaty people, the girls who should wear more clothes, the swearing, the pushing, the drugs, all of it. 

   Except fot the fact that the band wasn't actually there.

   The music, though, was usually present. Some arrogant guy is bound to 'accidently' leave their music on way too loud so nobody could hear themselves think.

   So, all in all, the halls in high school are basically just a rock concert but with less high 40 year old perverts. 

   "I think we're going to need to move 'Project Cashton' to Monday, 'cause there's no way we're going to be able to find Ash and Cal in this mess, let alone get them to make out."

   Michael just nodded and hummed in response.

___________________________________________________________

AN: This is quite long if I do say so myself. :D

Sorry it took so long to update, guys. I've been seriously procrastinating and doing hw and ugh.

You lovelies encourage me to write though. :)

And please feel free to leave me a comment, I love to know what you guys think about my writing!

You shine brighter than the twinkliest star. 

   -ALYSSA THE ADVENTURER