Chapter 5

Michael honestly didn't expect that Luke and Ashton sitting with himself and Calum would become a regular thing, a ritual, really. And now, the two blondes sat with the awkward boys, when they were supposed to be sat with the overrated populars. Cause they were overrated populars, at least, that's what the school assumed.

   Virtually anyone who conversed with Dan and his 'gang' was considered to be an overrated popular. Everyone knew that. Even Michael and Calum. They just chose to believe that Luke and Ashton were good people. They liked to call the gang 'overdone popcorn'. The day they came up with that was also the day they realized why they didn't have any friends. Go figure.

   Michael had been heading to the cafeteria on an excruciatingly normal and boring day, being a few minutes late because he needed to copy down the homework, even though he usually spent most of his time worrying about it, not actually doing it. [Longest sentence ever with big words I think I have a fever] He glanced up from the ground to see Calum and Ashton freaking out and beckoning him over to the table that they usually sat at.

   He smiled a little, shaking his head, and walked towards the two idiots who were waving at him like complete psychopaths, which, in all honestly, Michael couldn’t but help they were at certain points in his life.

   Most likely the day when Ashton wanted to see if Calum’s hair tasted like chocolate because ‘that’s what it looks like. Napoleon without the strawberry. And the vanilla was dyed yellow. And it was all really fluffy.’ Let’s just say Calum was more than up for sticking his hair in Ashton’s mouth while the two of them giggled like schoolgirls and Luke and Michael shook their heads like disappointed parents. That’s what they felt like most of the time, anyway.

   Michael didn’t mind the idea of being parents with Luke. Even if their children were Cal and Ashton. Even though the idea seemed kind of inception-y. Eh.

   As he approached the table, Michael couldn’t help but feel a tad dejected by the fact that Luke wasn’t sitting at the table, even though he had gone to school that day. Michael had seen him in the hallway that morning. He would’ve taken a picture to make it last longer, but he couldn’t get his phone out fast enough.

   ‘Maybe he got sick during the day. Yeah. He was sick. Definitely sick.’ He thought to himself as he took his seat across from Calum, head swimming. Calum and Ashton seemed to notice, too. “You okay, Mikey?” Calum asked, looking at the newly dyed galaxy haired boy, who seemed disappointed. Which was weird, Michael was usually cheery, especially since Luke started sitting with them at lunch. Luke.

   “Aww! Does wittle Mikey miss wittle Lukey?” Ashton cooed, catching on a fraction of a second before Calum did. Michael just gave Ashton a glare while heat rose to his cheeks. “C’mon, Ash. I think wittle Mikey doesn’t want us talking about Mr. Clifford around him.” Calum spoke softly, winking at Michael while Ashton failed to control his snickers. Soon enough, all three boys were laughing their heads off about something they didn’t even remember, which was almost exactly what had happened a few weeks earlier.

AN: I have no idea what the heck this is but at least I updated and it was funny (not really) and descriptive and like 600 words so I’m proud and stuff YEAH I really need some ibuprofen like honestly I always have headaches and I think im addicted to ibuprofen 0.0 I just take it whenever I have a headache which is all the time so yeah I should probably stop typing but the words keep flowing through my mind and my fingers are messed up in a flurry of movements and taps and good gracious this sounds like a poem I should turn this in for my history project cause honestly last year it took like months and I just wrote like 100 words in three minutes and it only has to be 500 but I think there actually need to be more than one punctuation mark cause this has just been one big long sentence and I really need to stop omg this is at like 724 words oh my gosh I need to stop lol love y’all!

-ALYSSA THE ADVENTURER (aka crazy girl who has no life so she types giant paragraphs about ibuprofen and history fair)