6 ~ Soul

You quickly left the large building with a very angry lucas inside and you stretched your wings. You flew down to earth again and located mark. He as with the humans jisung, chenle, and haechan. Then there was also the two star makers ten and yuta.

You landed behind them and waved your hand as the familiar bracelet appeared on your wrist. Suddenly someone put their arm around your shoulder, you looked beside you in confusion only to notice the familiar pink head of hair. 

"you're back, I missed you" jaehyun was smiling brightly. Everyone turned around once they heard jaehyun speak and waved to you. You simply gave a small wave back and then ten quickly ran over to you and jaehyun. 

"y/n, what did lucas say" he whispered while the rest of the group continued walking. 

You were reminded of lucas's yelling due to tens words and you had enough, you wanted this assignment to be over. You pushed jaehyuns arm off of you and practically ran over to the group walking in front of you. 

"hey y/n" chenle said but you ignored his greeting and grabbed yutas hand. You dragged him away from the large group "okay bye y/n" mark said with a confused expression. 

"listen here, I've had about enough today so you will tell me what you are doing here acting as a human around mark lee" yuta froze and your eyes began turning purple in anger, he was probably shocked by the unfamiliar color for angels of death. 

"okay, okay, I'm not here for him I'm here because he lives beside the human I am trying to help" yuta spoke and you knew he was not telling the truth. If a star maker decided to make a humans wish come true it could be done from the clouds.

" Tell me the truth" yuta was clearly nervous as you stepped closer to him. 

"I-I.... I love a human okay" you froze in your spot. You slowly let go of yutas wrist.

"h-he made a wish on the last shooting star and I went to see him to decide if I wanted to grant his wish. It was a beautiful wish.... but then I fell in love" yuta whispered out the last part but you could clearly hear it. A star maker falling for a human, you had never herd of such a thing. 

However, you grabbed his hand and lead him back to the group, you knew he was telling the truth and he was not going to cause problems with mark. So you simply brought him back, ten looked at you curiously but you sighed, this was a going to be a long day. 

"do you guys want to come back to my place and hang out" mark asked. Mark lived alone after he had a fight with his parents, you knew everything about his past. Every happy memory, every painful one. 

"sure" taeyong said and everyone headed to his place, mark was too trusting. He was inviting people he just met to his apartment, humans were scary beings sometimes. You knew from some of the terrible corrupt souls you were sent to collect.

You entered his apartment along with everyone else, just as you were about to close the door a hand fell on your shoulder.

"my dear friend y/n, I was glad you asked me to come join you" you looked back at johnny and noticed the familiar ring on his finger, he was 'human'. This must have been what his boss assigned him to do.

You simply gave him your normal stoic expression but inside your rage was building, jaehyun quickly swatted his hand off of your shoulder.

"back off" jaehyun growled at johnny and he huffed. "my name is johnny, it's nice to meet you all" he said happily towards the humans in the room and everyone smiled back. 

You sat on the couch watching as the humans played some sort of game. You had seen many humans do this as you followed them around but you never bothered with human things. 

Jaehyun was sat right beside you and was holding your hand tightly again. You looked at him and every time he was smiling at you. You suddenly knew exactly how mark must have felt when you kept looking at him constantly, you should really try to not do that anymore. However, when you thought about mark though you suddenly became curious.

"why haven't you tired to get haechan closer to mark" you asked and jaehyun smiled "well princess I just normally watch over people. When two people are soulmates they simply drift towards each other, simple as that" you were confused "I am not a princess" you said and jaehyun smiled again. It made you feel... warm. 

"It's just a nickname. Wow you angels of death have really took becoming detached from humans a step further" you simply nodded your head even though you did not really know what a 'nickname' was.

"see what I mean" jaehyun said and pointed towards mark as he was beside haechan looking at his phone. Haechan was leaned very close to mark and you nearly chocked. 

You shot up yanking your hand away from jaehyun and ran over.

"hello" you said simply from beside the two and haechan started laughing "you are so... weird"

You simply stood there and ten sighed from the table he sat at with jisung at your abnormal behavior. You looked at jisung and remembered about what lucas told you, you had to erase his sisters visit. You had to do your job but you could only think of jisungs crying face the day you had to takes his sisters soul. 

It was now very late at night and you were exhausted from constantly breaking up haechan and mark, you guess the whole 'drift towards each other' was true. You groaned while sitting down on the couch, chenle yawned from beside you and mark seemed to notice he was tired. 

"you guys can sleep here if you want" he said and you froze. You did not sleep, you guessed you could try but not sleeping for seventy years and suddenly trying to sleep would probably be a very weird experience for you. 

Mark had set up his room, the hallway, and the living room so that people could sleep. He owned a pretty small apartment so he didn't have a lot of room. Mark, haechan, chenle, johnny, and taeyong were going to sleep in marks room. They were going to attempt to squeeze in on his bed and around the floor. 

Yuta, ten, and jaehyun were sleeping along the hallway.

You and jisung were on the two couches in the living room.

You slowly sat on the couch and then laid there. You watched the ceiling as the time went by but noticed from the large kitchen window yuta sat outside of it floating. You got up and approached the window curiously.

"what are you doing" you questioned as you stuck your head out the large window. Yuta turned around but then you heard a soft voice, someone was singing at this hour. You waved your hand across you wrist as your bracelet disappeared and traveled outside the window as your wings stretched out.

You noticed from the window next to marks a male sat next to his window singing. 

"that's sicheng, the human I fell in love with"  

"how did you know you loved him yuta" you wondered and yuta smiled. "He is kind, I always want to visit him, and he makes my heart race. It's like this crazy thumping and I was scared when it first happened but now I never want it to stop"

You slowly flew closer to the male knowing he couldn't see you and you were confused. Your heart did not race "my heart is not racing no matter how close I get" yuta began laughing.

"of course it wouldn't just because I love him doesn't mean you would" he giggled and you felt sad. You wanted to laugh, you wanted to smile, you wanted to know what this emotion 'love' felt like. 

You knew you couldn't though, you were forbidden as an angel of death to show such emotions. You simply nodded your head and flew back in through marks large window and looked for jisung. You had a job and you were going to finish it, you were going to erase jisungs memories and collect marks soul.