13 ~ Cupid

You stopped mark's and haechans nightmares and the two seemed to be getting close again. Almost a full month had passed and you were happy, you were so happy.

You smiled as you noticed jaehyun sit beside you and as usual he held your hand. Then jisung sat across from you and held chenle's hand tightly. You smiled at him as well, you loved smiling. You loved being able to express your emotions for once. 

Lucas still assumed you were at some lake and you planned to keep it that way, if he knew about what you were doing he would freak out.

"we should go on a double date" chenle said and you realized he was looking right at you "what is a date" you whispered to jaehyun and he began laughing. "sure chenle" he answered and you were confused when he didn't answer your question.

Johnny sat beside ten and was looking at you with a funny face "seriously y/n, how do you not know the basics" he whispered and you looked at him even more confused than before. However, before you could ask further questions you noticed yuta approaching the lunch table. 

Yuta sat at the seat across from you and he looked very upset, you wondered what was wrong. As your friends talked around the table you saw yuta's sad expression didn't go away so you decided to talk to him. You froze time, "yuta what's wrong"  you asked and he looked up at you surprised. Your stoic face knew so many new expression, one was concern which you showed him.

"it's nothing" he said but you could tell he was hiding something. "I can tell you're upset yuta" ten added. 

Yuta simply huffed "nothing is wrong, now please stop asking me questions" you sighed but resumed time and looked over to jaehyun. He smiled "just give him some time". You simply nodded your head. 

~

All day yuta was acting upset, you could see it on his face, so when he left the group you decided to follow him. 

You followed yuta to a familiar area and quickly spread your wings to catch up to him. He came to sichengs window again, you knew he would go to listen to him sing. However, you froze when you heard sicheng crying instead and yuta noticed you behind him. He looked at him with such sad eyes. 

He slowly floated over to you and hugged you while crying in your arms. You were still new to expressing your emotions but you knew how warm hugs felt, so you hugged him back.

"yuta are you going to tell me what's going on" he pulled away and looked at you, then he opened his locket and you saw the bright star gem he carried. Then a small string, the tiniest string you had ever seen, slowly wrapped around your pinky and you heard a voice.

"I wish my parents were still alive. I just don't want to be alone anymore" you froze again, you knew this was sichengs wish. The one yuta wanted to grant. You looked at yuta and screamed "yuta are you crazy".

He had tears in his eyes and looked so heartbroken "but I love him, I just want him to be happy".

Star makers were not meant to fulfill wishes of bringing humans back from the dead. It would require retrieving a soul that had already turned into a gem, it was forbidden. The punishment was death for the star maker who granted the wish. 

You felt your heart hurt at the thought "you can't die yuta" you croaked out. The though of a friend who you knew was immortal suddenly dying was causing your emotions to run wild. Star makers, guardian angels, cupids, angels of death were all immortal. The thought of yuta disappearing really broke your heart but also brought a feeling of fear. 

"I-I don't now what to do, lately he just cries" he said referring to the crying sicheng, you had heard him sing some times when you came to see him with yuta. His voice was truly beautiful. Hearing him cry like this made your heart hurt. 

"do you even have enough wishes collected to grant his one wish" you asked and yuta sighed. Ten million wishes are needed and must be collected into gem form in order to grant a humans wish.

"I almost have seven million" yuta spoke and you knew he did not have enough, you were relieved yuta was short on wishes considering it meant he wasn't going to die but you still felt like you needed to help sichengs, he was all alone. 

"yuta lets visit sicheng" you simply said and grabbed his arm. You flew into marks apartment, he was currently with haechan. Then you opened his door and walked over to sichengs door. You waved your hand over you wrist and put your wings away.

Yuta nervously locked away his locket with chains and you both stood there. You knocked and heard shuffling. 

Then there was sicheng looking at you both "yes, can I help you" he asked.

"my friend yuta likes you. He has been wanting to talk to you" you pushed yuta in front remembering tens words 'to be more human you should be a little more expressive with what you want to say. Don't forget to smile too' so you added a big smile afterwards.

Sichengs face went red, just like jaehyuns did sometimes when he was around you. He looked over at yuta while you noticed yutas face was the same color. Yuta quickly responded "um hi, my name is yuta, I've seen you around sometimes and wanted to say hi"

Then sicheng smiled and you simply backed away think you did a good job "okay bye" then you walked away. 

"who said being human was hard" you whispered. You think you did a good job showing emotions and helping. 

~

The next day all of your friends met up at a park and you told everyone what happened yesterday, you simply left out the whole angel of death and star maker fighting part so the humans wouldn't know. 

"y/n, I can't believe it" taeyong was laughing and you were confused, you were expecting people to praise you for doing a good job.

"well very straightforward but clearly it worked" haechan said as he pointed behind you. You noticed sicheng and yuta were approaching your group and you smiled. Then jaehyuun held your hand "princess, you could be a cupid if you wanted" he chuckled and you smiled as your heart started beating faster hearing the familiar nickname. 

You wish you were a cupid.