11 ~ Monster

Friends, with that word in mind you went back to the group and acted as a human once again. Slowly as you spent more time with everyone you started to realize what that word truly meant, what it meant to be friends. 

It had been exactly two weeks since your talk with lucas and you had managed to avoid talking to him. You knew you were making no progress with your assigned task, you weren't doing anything to keep mark and haechan apart. Lucas would be furious, so you simply avoided seeing him. 

You sat beside jaehyun at the cafeteria and he instantly held your hand, something you were used to by now. Then you noticed familiar bright colorful ribbons. Your heart fluttered at the beautiful ribbons, you turned to look at jaehyun and him smiled brightly at you, this only made your heart flutter more. You knew the humans would not be able to see his light orange eyes though so you weren't worried. He leaned closer to you "look".

You looked over to jisung who sat next to chenle and you were surprised once again. A light blue ribbon from jisung and a light purple ribbon from chenle were connected. Then jaehyun pointed to ten and you squeezed jaehyuns hand. Ten's light red ribbon attached to the white ribbon from johnny. The two ribbons were connected as well, you felt your heart warm at the sight.

Jaehyun then pointed to haechan but you quickly averted your eyes. You knew mark and haechan would be connected, they were so close now. You couldn't bring yourself to look though, seeing the connection would finally break you. Seeing the connection that you were meant to break.

You quickly yanked your hand away and jaehyun's eyes widened, you stood up while the colorful ribbons could no longer be seen. You suddenly felt like you couldn't breath properly and it felt like the truth hit you hard.  

what were you doing.

You had somehow convinced yourself that you were doing your job but in reality you were just getting closer to the people around you. You were getting attached. 

You enjoyed being with them..being with your friends. Mark would often talk to you about little things he enjoyed about life and you started to wonder about the human world. Jisung and chenle were always happy showing so much emotion and you wanted to learn more, how many emotions there were in humans. Haechan was always showing you things you did not know, how to paint, how to use a phone, every small thing. He never question why you did not know how to use normal human things and you continued to grow more curious. Taeyong would make you listen to all types of music, each song made you feel different emotions. Some sad, some happy, and you wanted to hear more. 

You grew attached to hearing yuta's stories about sicheng and everything he loved about him, you wanted to know more about love. You had even grown attached to johnny, he was kinder to you, he answered all your question about guardian angels you were curious about. You had grown even more attached to tens friendship something lucas warned you not to do a long time ago. 

Lastly, you had grown very attached to jaehyun. Your heart fluttered at his smile and his laugh. You enjoyed listening to the stories he told and liked being with him. He took you to fascinating places humans traveled to and you always saw the beautiful ribbons you could not see by yourself. The connected ribbons, and you started to wonder if you could connect as well...which was a dangerous thought and you knew. 

You were to attached to everything.

You removed your bracelet as you froze time and your wings flapped behind you angrily.

"princess, what's wrong" jaehyun asked and your heart was thumping, something you knew from yuta was not a good sign, love. So you knew what you had to do. 

"y/n, are you alright" ten asked concerned but you turned to him "I have to leave" You could no longer do this, you were growing to attached. You had to distance yourself to finish your job. 

Yuta tried to reach for your hand but you yelled "don't touch me" you knew your eyes were probably bright purple. He froze at your voice and you simply flew away. 

You traveled for a long time while trying to fight the urge to go back. 

Then you arrived at a small lake and you sat down, you looked into the lake and froze, your eyes were red. Different from the purple eyes you used to have. You wondered if maybe as you got used to being an angel of death your eyes finally turned to the normal color they were supposed to be. You sighed and sat down, you would stay here. 

~

It had been a month since you left and you were used to seeing your red eyes through the reflection of the lake. They wouldn't go away. 

You managed to avoid the cupid who made your heart feel warm and you simply did everything in your power to keep mark away from haechan and vice versa. 

You did something terrible. You gave them terrible dreams about the other, it was a special thing that only angels of death could do. Guardian angels could give humans pleasant dreams but angels of death gave them terrible ones. You pushed back the ache you felt in your heart and continued to give mark and haechan nightmares.

In the dreams you made it so the other would constantly be rejected in the most heartbreaking ways when they confessed their feelings. It was a cruel thing you did but you did not know what else to do. It had been working for the past month. Even though they all hung out in a large group the two refused to get closer to each other. 

You had also not returned to your human form and simply sat at a large lake, you were using your powers to simply watch mark through the lakes reflection. Star makers could do this as well with the clouds, guardian angels could not simply because they were always around their humans. 

You had refused to see ten again either, you just disappeared hoping to ease the guilt you felt from the fact that you were giving mark and haechans these terrible dreams. You also finally reported to lucas and told him your plan of staying at the lake along with it's success so he agreed that you did not have to be around mark anymore. 

You knew the real reason why you did not want to travel back was because once you saw you friends you simply wouldn't want to go through with your job. 

However, watching mark thought the lake was still taking a toll. He was kind just like minji. He didn't deserve to go so early in life.

You wished you were a guardian angel like jisung thought you were. Jaehyun, johnny, and yuta remained as humans with ten and still hung around mark. Jisung and chenle also stayed. Taeyong was always with mark anyways so it was no wonder he hung around as well.

Sometimes you thought about the colorful ribbons or souls jaehyun used to show you a month ago and you felt your heart constrict again. You shook the thought away and then you watched as they all began walking down the road together. They all seemed to be upset, especially mark, haechan and jaehyun.

The cause of their suffering was you,  you were finally a true monster. The bright red eyes staring back at you in the reflection of the lake proved that.