10 ~ Purpose

After your talk with lucas you knew you only had one reason to be on earth, it was to collect marks soul. So you traveled back to mark's place, you entered his apartment while your wings ruffled behind you. You had to do this, you had no choice. 

You looked around the living room only to notice that mark walked into his apartment. He slowly took off his shoes and headed to his room. You followed and watched as he picked up an envelope.

Mark traveled back to the living room while you quickly followed. He sat on his couch and put his face in his hands, then you heard soft cries. Your heart clenched while you watched mark cry softly on his couch while he had the large envelope right beside him. 

You slowly made your way to the large windowsill and sat on it while the night air was blowing on your wings. You knew why mark was crying, you knew what the envelope was. This meant he was going to take a while to build up the courage to go where he was headed. You sighed and turned to the side. You watched yuta float toward the window beside mark's, he was there to visit the human again.

"yuta" you simply said and he turned to you and smiled "hello y/n"

Then you heard the soft voice coming from sicheng. You closed your eyes and listened to him sing, he had a beautiful voice. You wondered why yuta was so attached to the human sometimes. He told you he loved him but you wondered what that feeling was like sometimes.

"what do you know about the human yuta, why are you so attached" you slowly opened your eyes to meet yutas and he smiled. 

"I know everything about him. He loves to eat candy, especially these little candies shaped like a heart. Then he loves to take walks at the park near by. He wants a dog, he says it out loud all the time. He also has the cutest smile, and he has an amazing voice. He is kind and caring.... I just love everything about him"

You noticed yuta's eyes were sparkling while talking about sicheng and you wondered how it felt to be in love, yuta seemed so happy. Your face remained stoic but your wings gently flapped behind you.

"I notice you do that a lot" yuta chuckled and you looked up at him in confusion. "do what a lot" you asked and he smiled.

"your wings, they flap sometimes" your wings expressed your emotions for you since lucas forbid you from showing emotions on your face. Whenever you felt strong emotions your wings would simply twitch or flap behind you.

"it's cute though, don't worry we are friends so I won't tell anyone" yuta laughed while you wings flapped behind you again.

Friends

Ten had taught you that word a long time ago. Before you could say anything back you noticed mark was leaving his apartment "bye yuta" then you turned to follow mark. You got off the edge of the window sill and followed the human but yuta managed to yell "bye y/n" with a cheery voice before you left.

You followed mark as he walked down the street and he got on a bus. You took the seat right next to him knowing he could not see you. You were travelling for an hour on the bus and mark finally got off. You followed him and you knew this was going to be terrible. You knew exactly where he was, you knew everything about mark so this house was something you were expecting when you saw the envelope. 

His old house, he walked up to the house and rang the doorbell. An older lady answered and you knew who it was, his mother. She simply glared at mark "what is it" and mark sighed while taking out the envelope from his pocket, it was money. He gave his mother money every two months. His mother scoffed "you leave home but you still send us money huh" she was clearly angry but there was another emotion.

She seemed sad, but you knew she shouldn't be, it was her fault mark had left home. You watched as a man now approached the door "the brat is back huh" then he snatched the envelope from his mothers hands "this better not be less than last time".

You also knew who the man was, mark's step father. You watched as mark's face contorted into anger and he simply sighed but he never yelled even though you could tell he was angry. "are you going to come home now and stop acting childish" his mother yelled. 

Mark moved out eight months ago, he had always came back every two months to deliver the money but never moved back.

Mark's parents got divorced and his mother remarried. The step father was a good example of one of those bad humans you had encountered over the years, he was abusive towards mark. Mark had told his mother but she was blind....well she chose to be blind and did not take marks words seriously. She simply told him to 'stop making things up just to break them apart'.

Yet even thought he went thought such tough times here mark was, a kind human who still gave his mother money. He still loved her even though she did not believe him. You wondered how strong this feeling of love could be for him to come back here every two months.

"goodbye mother" mark said simply in reply and headed to the bus station, you followed him and you felt a strange feeling. Your heart hurt, you remembered what ten had told you a long time ago. 

"we are friends now y/n, that means we get along and greet each other. However, most important of all... friendship is when you care for each other, when you protect each other"

Mark was your friend but you were a bad friend, you had no other reason to be around him other than collecting his soul. It was your purpose. So even though you had tried to convince yourself that was your only reason to be here why did your heart hurt so much.