Prologue 2

"Mom, do I have to go to school tomorrow?" A brown-haired boy with nut brown eyes whines when stuffing his workbooks, exercise books, compasses, set square and a bunch of other things into his backpack, while most of them are still lying on the table.

Isn't this what every typical seventeen-year-old would say? Well not him.

"Why are you even asking, Tae? You know you have to," his mom replies, pulling a tray of freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.

"But I really don't want to," he raises his head up from the mess he made on the table and fixes his glasses, putting on a sad expression.

He might be a nerd but since they moved, one of his biggest fears has definitely been going back to school, even though he's a typical extrovert, always ready for talking and not afraid of meeting new people. But this time it's different.

Everyone at his old school knew him since the beginning and so they were totally okay with him having a rather unusual kind of behavior at some points, to put it that way.

But now... Nobody knows him and... They'll either think he's weird, has a severe behavioral disorder or is mentally disabled. Or in the worst-case scenario, all of the above.

"Why all of this now?" his mom asks, getting a bit worried. "You're a great student, you've always loved going to school..."

Thanks, mom. You won't believe how much this helped, really.

"I have a bad feeling," he looks back down, now speaking in pout. "Besides, Rose doesn't have to go, so why would I-"

"You know how bad I wanna go, but they don't let me," his younger sister, Rose, who suddenly appeared at the door replies in annoyance while getting closer with her wheelchair.

She's two years younger than Taehyung, which means that she shouldn't be doing anything else but going to school at the age of fifteen. But in reality, she's been homeschooled ever since the tragic accident so... Pretty much all her tween and teen years.

"I hate you," Taehyung mutters as soon as he carefully closes his bag, getting ready to leave and go to his room to continue sulking with a joystick in his hands. What a drag!

"Woah, woah, woah," his mom stops him by crossing his path before he'd be able to get his ass away from the kitchen, "Not so fast, young man."

He rolls his eyes in response and crosses his arms in front of his chest. He knows exactly why this happened.

"Apologise to your sister, then you're free to leave," she instructs him, strictly furrowing her eyebrows.

Her kids know that she's the best mom anyone could ever ask for, but when they fight, she's gonna do everything in her power to make them up. Literally.

"Whatever," Tae mumbles again as he kneels down in front of her sister who's still sitting in her wheelchair and takes one of her fragile, pale hands.
"Sorry," he continues, looking at her with an innocent expression and puppy eyes, "You know I love you, but I also really hate you right now."

"Taehyung!" mom jumps in and gives him a deadly stare that could kill, while he decides to just brush it off and come up with something mischievous to throw at Rose's face because after all, he deserves decent revenge.

Mom is currently looking away and when he looks back at his sister he sees her sticking her tongue out of her mouth. Sneaky.

He narrows his eyes, quickly scanning the room and trying to figure out what his battle plan could be. Meh, a middle finger will have to do for now, he thinks, gives her the finger and gets the hell away from there before his mom who's currently keeping herself busy with the cookies would be able to notice anything.

When he's finally out of her sight, Rose shakes her head and covers her mouth to prevent herself from laughing. It's true, her brother is so childish.

But it's also true that he's the only one who still acts the same as he did before the accident.