Part 12 - Telling the Parents

Chapter 12 - Telling the Parents/My Future?

/In which Aria contemplates her future. \or/ Spencer and Toby go on a suicide mission./

.::Aria's Point of View::.

As I opened the door to Ezra's apartment, I took in the scene before me. There was Ezra, lying on the couch, asleep. The TV was on, playing some commercial. I smiled. Ezra had gotten out of the hospital just yesterday, and I was happy. He had a scar that would be there for the rest of his life, but I'm glad all of that is over. It reminds me why, in the heat of the moment, that I pushed Shana off that ledge. She hurt Ezra, she hurt me, she hurt all of us.

I don't regret what I did. It brings me guilt, but it was worth it. I could now have a normal life, without A. Spencer and Toby can have their baby in peace. Emily and Paige can work things out. Ali can make amends with everyone she hurt - which was just about 99% of the people she's met. I just hope everyone can find it in their hearts to forgive her.

I go to the kitchen, and pull out a box of Cheerios from one of the cabinets, then go to the fridge and get out a quarter-full gallon of milk. I pour both into a bowl, grab a spoon, then sit down at one of the bar stools by the counter.

My mom was at work, for Mrs DiLaurentis, and Mike was sleeping in. Summer only had two more weeks left, before I had to go back to school to start my senior year.

I'm excited that I'm almost finished with school. I just don't know what I'll do next. Will I go to college? What will my career be? What will I major in? My parents tell me not to worry, but I really should start thinking about my future.

After I finish my cereal, I put the bowl and spoon in the sink, then sit down on the couch next to Ezra. I shake his shoulder lightly, before deciding that he needs his rest. Luckily, he isn't a very light sleeper. I lie down next to him, just me and my thoughts, and I slowly but surely begin to fall asleep.

.::Spencer's Point of View::.

(3rd)

Spencer Hastings was at a crossroads. She had morning sickness like no other, and her parents kept telling her to go to the doctor. I don't need to, she'd tell them. They'd just shake their heads and tell her to get back to bed. Toby had stopped staying over the day her parents got back, but called her everyday to make sure that she was okay, and came over as often as he could, without becoming suspicious.

She knew she should tell her parents, but it felt like a suicide mission. Her parents would hate her, no doubt, tell her never to see Toby again, maybe even tell her to abort the baby. She wouldn't have it. Her body, her baby; she was keeping this child.

Spencer kept insisting that it was just a stomach bug, but now it had gone on for weeks on end. Her parents were getting suspicious, her mother worrisome. Was it influenza? Something dangerous? No, and no. Just a baby.

But now, even Toby was telling her that they needed to tell her family. It was time; she was starting to show, and would need new clothes soon. So, together, they set up a date. A date that was rapidly arriving, like a train arriving at a train station; fast, and she so wasn't ready.

(1st POV)

But then, the day came. I was sitting on the couch, biting the skin by my fingernails, anxiously waiting for Toby to arrive. I had told my parents I needed to tell them something, and were sitting with me on the couch. I felt like I was going to vomit, and I probably would.

So when the doorbell rang, I wanted to curl up in a ball and die, but I knew I had to do this.

"Who's that?" My dad asked.