Chapter Thirteen- Nora's POV

I know I'm so sorry I haven't posted in months! I've been having major writer's block. Also for a while I thought of cancelling the story, but I knew that that would upset a lot of you. I promise you guys that I will finish this story even if it takes me a billion years to finish it xD.

Hope you enjoy this chapter though!

__________________________________________________

It felt like forever before we finally reached the apartment complex. During the walk, Cole would ask questions here and there, and I answered them as vague as possible.

“Who is Skylar?”

“Someone I know.”

“Is she your sister?”

“No.”

“Are you sure she is going to be awake at this time?”

“No.”

“How are we going to get in?”

“With a key, obviously.”

“You are a comedian, White.”

Finally after a few minutes of throwing questions at me, Cole gave up and just walked along side me. Every few seconds I would see his mouth as if he was going to ask another question, but he quickly shut it realizing that he wouldn’t get anything else out of me.

My heart picks up pace as I stare at the complex as we approach it. I could see the question in Cole’s eyes, but he still remains silent.

“Come on.” I mutter lowly and walk into the main office, knowing that he would follow me. I head towards my apartment, dread filling my heart with each step.

What was I thinking when I told him that he should meet Skylar? Nothing good is going to come from this! My conscience screams into my mind. I wince and tighten my grip onto my backpack’s strap. The thought of him staring at me with disgust taunts my mind.

“Is this the room?” Cole asks, breaking me out of my thoughts. I focus my eyes to see that we were standing in front of my door.

It’s too late to turn around now.

“Uh…yeah.” I reply and pull out my key from my backpack. My hand trembles as I slip the key in and soon I hear the familiar sound of the lock clicking. I twist the door open, but pause before opening the door.

I turn to look at him and say,” Before you meet her, I want to keep an opened mind, okay? Do you promise that you’ll let me explain?”

Cole stares at me, curiously. “Yeah…okay. I don’t understand-.”

“No you have to promise me that you’ll let me explain.” I plead desperately, my voice wavering.