21

S H A W N -

***"Daddy!" My daughters voice boomed as I walked into the room. Her small little body and face resembling similar to Valery's came running straight into my arms.

"I missed you" I smiled as I kissed my daughters head and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you too" she grinned with her small teeth on display.

"Have you been a good girl for mommy?" I ask and she nodded.

Just then my beautiful wife waddled in with her swollen stomach, almost out of breath. "Hi" I smiled as I set my daughter down to hug my wife.

I wrapped my arms around her as much as I could but with a huge bump in the way it was hard. "How have you been feeling my beautiful wife?" I asked as I placed a kiss on her lips.

"Hardly feeling beautiful" she huffed.

"You look so beautiful as always" I say and she smiled.

"Your baby is giving me a hard time" she says and my hands stroked her large bump.

"Only a few more weeks" I say and she sighed.

"Max! Max!" My daughter shouted as she walked over and placed a kiss on her mother's stomach.

"She's already give the baby a name" Valery laughed and I smiled.

"What if you have a little sister? We can't name her max" I laughed and she shook her head as she repeated 'max' several times.

Valery disappeared into the kitchen and I sat with my daughter in my lap as I stroked her hair.

"Daddy can I ask you a question?" She asks and I smiled.

"Yes sweetie" I smiled at her.

"Why didn't you take care of me? Do you not love me?" She asked catching me off guard before suddenly everything disappeared***

"Shawn! Shawn!" My name was repeated before my eyes snapped opened to see Don and the doctor standing there.

"It was just a dream" Don spoke as I sat up and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

I bursted into tears as my face rested in my hands and Don patted my back but it wasn't working at all.

"Shawn it's okay. You're okay" he spoke and I shook my head as I took deep breaths.

I was handed a cup of water to drink to calm myself down. I took a few deep breaths as I composed myself. "Can I be left alone for a few minutes?" I pleaded and they left the room.

I took a deep breath before my shaky hand picked up the picture beside me. I stared again at the ultrasound and my heart hurting as I looked at it.

"I love you a lot. I am sorry that daddy couldn't take care of you otherwise I promise I would have treated you like the princess or prince you deserve to be. I am so sorry that I couldn't save you my baby. But I love you" I spoke to the image as I placed a kiss on it.

My tears still streaming down my cheeks as I took deep painful breaths. My heart heavy with pain and unable to control my emotions.

A knock made me look up before Don's head popped through. "Val's awake and she's asking for you" he said and I nodded as I wiped my eyes.

I have to be strong for Valery.

I wiped my eyes and washed my face with cold water in the bathroom before Don helped me to Valery's room.