xxvi

Johnny's Point Of View:

Will my apology— this time a very genuine one— work? I don't wanna lose her now. I love her.

Yes I admitted it, I've fallen for her.

Y'all were right. Fiiiine.

I mean she said she loves me, I love her, even though I haven't admitted it to her yet. But today, I'll confess.

I got up from the couch, expecting to see Mackenzie sleeping on the bed. But she wasn't there. I shrugged it off, thinking she must be downstairs. I folded my blanket and headed to the shower.

///

I went inside the kitchen, to see Mackenzie talking to a worker. Both of them were laughing. Seeing her laugh made me smile. She's so humble and kind. And I'm a monster.

I waved at her, catching her attention. As she looked at me, her smile faded away. With that, mine did too. She walked towards me and asked, "What?"

"Can we talk?" I hesitantly said.

"Uhh, sure I guess." I must admit, it was pretty awkward now that everything has happened.

She followed me upstairs to our room. I gave her space to enter and then closed the door.

We then just sat there. In an awkward silence. I kept staring at her. How am I gonna say this?

She raised her eyebrow, signalling me to talk.

"Mackenzie." I started.

"These months were great with you. Even if it was a pretend from my side, I forgot about it all most of the time. The first kiss we shared, it wasn't planned. My heart was wanting to do it. I didn't know why. Though the second time, I planned it as you know. But, as cliché as it may sound, I felt the sparks both the times. I couldn't figure out how, and why. But as time passed, I confessed everything to you. The pretend and the reason why I did it." I said and she nodded her head, sighing.

"Today, I have something else to confess. I bet while cleaning this room, you saw a diary. Did you open it?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I saw it, but I respected your privacy and decided not to open it."

"Well, let me start from my childhood. My mom used to be a nurse. She was never at home. And my dad, as a businessman, he never had time for us, for me. When I came back from school, I was just greeted by the servants. That's why I've always respected them. I was not really a popular one in school. I didn't really have friends except Hayden and Carson. I never told them about how sad I always was, I always thought no one cared for me. Hell, I even started s-self harm. Then, Nadia came into my life." I paused.

"She made me feel like somebody actually cared for me. My self harm still continued, but I was a bit happy. I was now in the popular group because of her. I made so many friends but little did teen John know they were all fake. Backstabbers got me into more depression. Nadia was like the only one who supported me. I drifted from Hayden and Carson because of my stupidity. Thank God we have gotten closer and are best buds now. But back then, before I realized, I had no friends, only her. We fell in love with each other. I don't know if she ever did, but I was so blindly in love with her. We decided to introduce her to my parents. This was the first time she came to my house, this house. After the dinner, my parents said that they didn't approve her. They never did. They told me that they noticed her looking around the house, seeing everything in a great detail. Young me found nothing wrong about that. But they saw it in a money minded way, if that makes sense. That night when I 'saved' her from Brandon, which I'm sure was an act, I was getting a hint that she's odd. So I suggested that Nadia and I should start our own life without dad's money. She lectured me that money is her number 1 priority. When you ran away. Lauren scolded me about Nadia. She told me that I don't miss Nadia, I miss the feeling of being loved."