Howler

Rebecca's pov

The next day when I went to the common room I saw Ron and Harry sitting there waiting for me.

"Look what the cat dragged in, where were you two yesterday?" I asked.

"We missed the train." Was all Harry said.

"I thought as much, let's go get breakfast." I said.

"Sounds like a plan." Ron said.

When we got to the great hall we sat in our usual spot at the Gryffindor table and began eating our breakfast.

Hermione seemed to be mad at Harry and Ron for some reason as she ignored them for her copy of voyages with vampires. As we were eating owls began swooping into the room dropping letters and parcels alike, a large brown lumpy package landed in front of Neville. It was most likely everything Neville forgot to bring, a very similar package had arrived for him last year As well containing everything he needed for school. Suddenly I was splashed with milk and Ron reached his hand into the milk jug and pulled out a grey ball of feathers.

"Errol!" Ron and I said.

"Oh no." Ron said.

"It's alright, he's still alive." Hermione said.

"It's not that, Ron what did you do!?" I asked in shock of the red envelope in Errol's talons.

"What's the matter?" Harry asked confused.

"S-She's, She's sent me a Howler." Ron stuttered out.

"You better open it now, it's always worse if you wait. My gran sent sent me one once and I ignored it, it was terrible." Neville said.

"What's a Howler?" Harry asked.

"Just open it, it'll be over before you know it." I said before Neville and I plugged our ears with our fingers.

Despite the fact I had covered my ears so could still hear my mum's yells.

"STEALING THE CAR, THEY SHOULD HAVE EXPELLED YOU!! YOU WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!! I DONT SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU PUT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE!! WHEN WE GOT DUMBLEDORE'S LETTER LAST NIGHT YOUR FATHER COULD HAVE DIED OF SHAME!! I BROUGHT YOU UP TO BEHAVE BETTER THAN THAT!! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU AND HARRY KILLED!!! YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! IF YOU PUT EVEN A TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME YOURSELF! YOU SHOULD TAKE A PAGE OUT OF PERCY OR YOUR SISTER'S BOOK AND ACTUALLY BEHAVE!!" The envelope screamed before bursting into flames giving Neville and I a signal that it was safe to unplug our ears.

"I don't know what you expected Ron, you-" Hermione said.

"Don't tell me that I deserved it!" Ron snapped.

Time skip

Our first class was Herbology with the Hufflepuffs,we were reporting mandrakes which wasn't a lot of fun. After that we had transfiguration with professor McGonagall, it was pretty simple, we were turning beetles into buttons. Lunch had finally rolled around and we were hanging out in the courtyard. Hermione had her face buried in her copy of voyages with vampires again while Harry, Ron and I talked about Quidditch.

"Chudley Cannons is obviously the best Quidditch team ever." I said.

"Yeah, it'd be awesome to see them play in person." Ron said.

"Who's your favourite player?" Harry asked.

"Joey Jenkins, he's a great beater." Ron and I said.

"I honestly think he's Fred and George's inspiration." I said.

"That or they just like hitting things." Ron said.

"All right, Harry? I'm - I'm Colin Creevey." A hound boy said as he approached us. "I'm in Gryffindor too, do you think- Would it be alright if- can I have a picture?"

"A picture?" Harry asked.

"To prove I've met you. I know all about you, everyone's told me about how you survived You-Know-Who and how he disappeared and that you have a lightning scar. A boy in my dormitory said if I develop the picture right then the picture will move. It's brilliant here, isn't it? I never knew all of the odd stuff I could do was magic until I got my Hogwarts letter. My dad's a milkman, he couldn't believe it either. I'm taking as many pictures as I can to send back to him so it'd be great to have one with you. Maybe your friends could take the picture so that I could be in it with you, and then you could sign it too!" Colin said.

"Signed photos, you're giving out signed photos potter?" Draco Malfoy said loudly. "Line up everyone! Harry potter is giving out signed photos!"

"No I'm not! Shut up Malfoy!" Harry said.

"You're just jealous." Colin said.

"Jealous? Of what? I don't want a foul scar across my forehead, I don't think having your head cut open is that special.

"Eat slugs Malfoy!" Ron said angrily.

"Be careful Weasley, if you start any trouble your mummy will have to come and collect you." Malfoy teased. "If you put another toe out of line-. The Weasleys would like a signed photo Potter, it'd be worth more than their whole family's house."

"You're asking for it Malfoy!" I growled as I whipped out my wand and pointed it at him menacingly.

"Look out." Hermione whispered to me.

I looked and noticed Lockheart heading our way and quickly hid my wand back in my pocket.

"You got lucky this time Malfoy." I said as I sat down beside Hermione and glared at Malfoy.

"Who's giving out signed photos? Oh, I shouldn't have asked, we meet again Harry." Lockheart said before pinning Harry to his side. Come on there Mr Creevey, you can't get better than a double portrait and we'll both sign it for you too."

Colin snapped a photo as the bell went signalling 5he start of our afternoon classes.

"Off you go, move along now." Lockheart said as he ushers us away with harry still glued to his side.

"Poor Harry, he needs to deal with two knobheads now, as if Malfoy wasn't bad enough." I said as we headed up to the castle without Harry.

"I know, ughh, we have our next class with that." Ron said.

"Kill me now." I said.

"You two really need to give Lockheart a chance, he's a great wizard." Hermione said.

"Whatever you say." Ron said.