In the chamber with a fraud

Rebecca's pov

I was sitting in the common room with Harry, Ron, Fred and George bawling my eyes out as the twins held me close to them. Professor McGonagall had come by to inform us that Ginny had been taken down into the chamber of secrets and I hadn't stopped crying since.

No one spoke a word, a few other people were in the room and had heard what happened but they stayed quiet. The only sound in the room was my sobs and the sounds of fabric moving as I desperately clutched Fred and George's robes. The twins silently stroked my hair holding me tightly as if they were afraid that I was going to disappear too.

At some point while I was crying I had fallen asleep and the twins had left after draping one of their robes over me as a blanket. I woke up to Ron shaking me, Harry was stood behind him.

"We're going to go tell Lockheart what we know about the chamber." Harry said. "We thought you'd want to come since you figured out it was in moaning Myrtle's bathroom."

I nodded and got to my feet, folding the twin's robe and leaving it on the couch. No one tried to stop us as the three of us made our way across the room and through the portrait hole. It was getting darker as we made our way to lockheart's office. When we arrived at his office he looked at us through a tiny crack in the door.

"Oh.... Mr Potter.... Mr Weasley...... Miss Weasley." Lockheart said as he opened the door just a tiny bit wider. "I'm rather busy at the moment. If you would be quick..."

"Professor, we've got some information for you. We think it'll help." Harry said.

"Er- well- its not terribly- I mean- well- alright." Lockheart stuttered out before opening the door and letting us in.

The whole room had been completely stripped, there were two open trunks filled with different coloured robes and all of the pictures of Lockheart were gone from the walls.

"Are you going somewhere?" Harry asked.

"Er- Well- yes." Lockheart said as he grabbed his peacock feather quill from his desk. "Urgent call.... unavoidable.... got to go."

"What about our sister?" Ron and I asked.

"Well, as to that- most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I." Lockheart said.

"You're the defense against dark arts teacher!" Harry said. "You can't go now! Not with all the dark stuff going on here!"

"Well, I must say... when I took the job... nothing in the job description... didn't expect..." Lockheart trailed off.

"You mean you're running away?" Harry asked disbelievingly. "After all that stuff you did in your books?"

"Books can be misleading." Lockheart said.

"You wrote them!" Harry exclaimed.

"My dear boy, do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things. No one wants to read about an ugly old American warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look useful on the front cover. No dress sense at all. And the witch that banished the bandon Banshee had a hairy chin. I mean, come on..." Lockheart said.

"So you've just been taking credit for what loads of other people have done?" Harry asked.

"Harry, Harry, its not nearly as simple as that. There was work involved. I had to track these people down. Ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. Then I had to put a memory charm on them so they didn't remember doing it. If there's one thing I pride myself on, its my memory charms. No, its been a lot of work Harry. Its not all book signings and publicity photos, you know. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long hard slog." Lockheart said as he closed his trunks and grabbed his wand. "Lets see, I think I've got everything. Yes, only one thing left. Awfully sorry you three but I'll have to put a memory charm on you now. Can't have you blabbing my secrets all over the place. I'd never sell another book."

"Expelliamus!" I said as I pointed my wand at him causing his wand to go flying out of his hand and sending him back into s wall. "You'll save my sister if its the last thing you do."

Ron grabbed his wand and flung it out the window.

"Shouldn't have let professors snape teach us that one." Harry said as he also pointed his wand at him.

"What do you want me to do? I don't know where the chamber of secrets is, there's nothing I can do." Lockheart said.

"You're in luck, we think we know where it is. And what's inside it. Let's go." Harry said.

Time skip

Sure enough the entrance to the chamber was exactly where I said it would be. We forced Lockheart down into the chamber first before following suit.

"We must be miles under the school." Harry said.

"Under the black lake probably." Ron said.

"Lets just save Ginny and get out of here." I said.

"Lumos! C'mon. Remember, any sight of movement close your eyes straight away." Harry said as we began making our way down the tunnel. We had only been down there for about 20 minute when Ron saw something.

"Harry, there's something up there..." Ron said.

"Maybe its asleep." Harry breathed.

As we got closer we realised it was a giant snake skin.

"Bloody hell." Ron said in awe as Lockheart fell to his knees. "Get up."

Lockheart dived on Ron and grabbed his wand before straightening back up.

"The adventure ends here you three. I shall take a bit of this skin back up to the school, tell them I was too late to save the girl, and that you three tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body. Say goodbye to your memories." Lockheart said. "Obliviate!"

The wand blew up sending Lockheart flying backwards. I fell to the floor as well and narrowly avoided being crushed by falling rocks. She the rocks had finished falling there was a wall blocking Ron, Lockheart and I from Harry.

"Ron, 'Becca, are you okay?" Harry called.

"We're okay, this gits not though - he got blasted by the wand." Ron said.

"What now? We can't get through, it'll take ages." I said.

"Wait there! Wait with Lockheart and if I'm not back in an hour..." Harry trailed off.

"We'll try and shift some of this rock so that you can - can get back through. And Harry-" Ron was cut off.

"See you in a bit." Harry said.