when introductions go wrong

three

jeongguk had it rough growing up, a druggie father who left when he was two and a depressed mother who couldn't work. so what did he do?

he stole.

he stole to put food on the table for himself and his mother, to pay for a new school uniform after an alpha jumped him and ruined his, he stole to keep himself alive.

he hasn't had the easiest life. that's just how it is growing up lower class.

but now here he was, in a castle, mated to the beautiful prince of korea. it was like a dream, why did an alpha like him deserve the prince? why would the prince want a mate like him? he hadn't even had a full conversation with the boy and he was already overthinking.

none of the boys knew anything about yoongi. the prince was kept hidden all his life, only allowed to wander the castle's premises. at least that was what jeongguk was told.

the prince had awoken from his pre-heat. the boys heard the shower running and gathered themselves at the large dining room table.

the wolves were beyond excited to meet the prince and introduce themselves. now all they had to do was wait for him to come downstairs.

nervous glances were thrown around by jeongguk, hoseok, and jimin. not being high class was frowned upon, and they didn't know if the prince would reject them for that.

the sound of sock-clad feet turned heads to the stairs, seeing the beautiful prince dressed very casually. he wore a large grey hoodie and a pair of black sweatpants.

he looked towards the table and noticed the boys, smiling shyly as he walked over and took a seat between two unfamiliar alphas

yoongi stuttered nervously while trying to greet them. "um..h-hi, my n-names min yoongi. w-what are your names?" he had only ever been around a few alphas, one being his father and the other being his bodyguard, yugyeom.

and with that everyone introduced themselves, having no problems until it came to jeongguk. "hello, my names jeon jeongguk. it's nice to meet you," he got shy at the end.

yoongi realized that name. "jeon jeongguk? the thief? i'm mated to a criminal? this has to be a mistake." he shook his head, his father told him stories about how jeongguk killed a man to get money and how he hurt children and such. and yoongi believed him.

his father sheltered him, but backwards. he convinced yoongi that everything in their kingdom was dangerous and people would try to hurt him. so it was no surprise when he felt outraged.

"n-no, i've never k-killed or hurt anyone! i've only stolen f-from markets and shops to get necessities, i swear!" the alpha felt his heart beat fasten as his throat tightened from fear. his eyes were glossy. "p-please, believe me.."

hoseok stepped in, noticing how close the alpha was to a panic attack. "my prince, i knew jeongguk as a child. he would never hurt anyone. one time i saw as he was pushing a boy on the swings and the boy fell off and jeongguk cried because he felt so bad. he only did the things he did to survive."

yoongi seemed to calm at that, grabbing jeongguk's hand, "it's okay, alpha. i believe you."

jeongguk shook his head at the name, "don't call me alpha, it makes it seem like i'm above you. you are my hyung, silly." yoongi giggled at this, warming up to his youngest mate.