when boys get sleepy

five

meanwhile, the alphas were nearly done training. hoseok had sparred with jeongguk and seokjin with namjoon. it was a pretty exhausting day.

after the king finally allowed them to rest, it dawned on them. "hyung, where will we sleep? are we even allowed to stay the night?" jeongguk asked.

"i can go ask." seokjin announced before following the direction king min went.

while waiting, the other three alphas found a large maple tree to sit under, enjoying the shade after a long day.

it was nearing autumn, the leaves were starting to turn the most beautiful colors. namjoon smiled at the two other alphas in front of him. "you know, the trees are beautiful. this one's a silver maple."

hoseok looked at the older with wonder in his eyes. "how do you know so much about trees?"

"well, my childhood life was quite boring so to pass the time i learned about nature. you can tell this ones a silver maple because of the three main points in the leaves." he said, standing to pull a few leaves off a low hanging branch. "see?" he held the leaves out for the other alphas to see.

"namjoon-hyung, what's your favorite tree?" jeongguk asked

"namjoon-hyung, what's your favorite tree?" jeongguk asked. the alphas has all warmed up to each other, fighting somehow brought out the best in them.

namjoon smiled and breathed deeply, "anything in the willow family, but weeping willows are my favorite. they're native to mainly china, so i don't get to see them allot, but really rich people can have them imported." he had a wonder-filled gleam in his eyes. "there's something so understanding about a weeping willow tree. you can go there and let your feelings out, the trees leaves and branches will hide you from others. you can tell it anything, it's a tree, it can't tell anyone else," he laughed at himself before realizing he was rambling. "the main reason is because it always seems so relaxed. it only ever sways with the wind, never a care in the world. i wish it could be like that for us." he sighed.

jeongguk and hoseok had been so invested in namjoon's story that they didn't realize seokjin had returned. "that was beautiful, joon-ah." he said to his childhood friend.

namjoon smiles shyly before remembering why seokjin disappeared. "so what did king min say?"

seokjin smiled giddily before speaking. "he said it's up to the prince!"

"why is that such a good thing? the prince can make us leave." hoseok asked.

"well, we'll never know unless we go ask."

and with that the alphas made their way into the castle, following the sweet honeysuckle scent of their omega.

they ended up in what seemed to be a theater. jeongguk mustered up the courage to knock, getting an immediate shhh in return.

he slowly cracked the door open and his heart melted at the sight.

the trio was sat on a large couch, big enough for at least ten people.  yoongi was dressed in silk pajamas and curled into taehyung's chest, both of the boys were asleep in each other's grasp. jimin was sitting on the other side of yoongi, smiling to the alphas in the doorway. finding dory was playing on the large screen in the front of the room.

the alphas crept towards the couch, all taking a seat somewhere before jimin started to whisper. "they got tired." was all he said.

the alphas nodded at their beta, "thank you for watching them, dear." seokjin whispered. jimin blushed at the name before whispering goodnight and curling into yoongi's side.

(word count: 602)