when life in the castle was stressful

four

taehyung was born into middle class, his mother being a lee. his father died when he was young, leaving his mother to remarry, as it was frowned upon to have a child and not be wed.

but taehyung met jimin, a short beta with a cute voice and great dancing skills.

the pair grew close, extremely close. they were convinced that they were mates, which in fact they are, but taehyung's mother didn't like that the boys were that close.

so when she remarried, she took taehyung with and banned him from seeing jimin. the boys were heartbroken, having their young love being ripped from their hands at the age of 6, but they learned to live without each other.

their reuniting gave them 5 other mates, one being a beautiful omega and the rest being handsome alphas. taehyung was thankful.

so now here they were, alphas busy, they were told that they'd have to learn to fight to protect their omega, and each other for that matter.

that left yoongi with jimin and taehyung. the small boy seemed less tense around the two. they were currently in yoongi's room sitting on his king size bed.

the room was beautiful, a dark blue and gold aesthetic, as those colors are seen as wealthy colors. there was a large white carpet resting on the hardwood floor.

jimin cleared his throat before speaking, "so what's it like growing up in a castle?"

"lonely, boring, stressful, you know, the usual. with the north wanting to attack and everything being thrown into my hands it gets pretty stressful." he sighed, resting his head onto his hands.

"we can help now! we're your mates, we're here to help you." taehyung smiled.

yoongi smiled sadly, "you know, i-i never had a childhood, i was always told that i was a u-useless omega born into an alphas world, which is true. my father always told me that i couldn't run the kingdom alone. i needed an a-alpha to do it for me." he started stuttering as he endured the memories.

"you know, you'll never actually be able to run the kingdom." a beta servant said, he was sent to find yoongi, who was in the corner of the library with an old book in his hands.

yoongi was only 6, having presented only a year before. "nuh-uh! i'm a strong wolf, i can rule all by myself!"

the beta only laughed at him, walking closer and grabbing the book, taking a closer look at it.

it was his mother's.

"you know, your mother was just like you." this got yoongi's attention, the boy jumping up and grabbing the hem of the beta's jacket.

"tell me more about mama! am i gonna be awesome like she was?"

the beta scoffed. "you know, her 'awesomeness' is what got her killed, probably the same thing that's gonna kill you."

the boy felt tears well up in his eyes, letting go of the beta and attempting to shove him, but to no avail. "n-no! mama was a great queen! and i'll be a great king!"

"sure kid."

(word count: 522)