Chapter 1: Today's the Big Day

This is it! This was the moment I had finally been waiting for. I finally received my invitation to be apart of the Mock Trial All American Most Eligible or MTAAME for short. The competition was basically a reality show for mock trialers in their offseason for the grand prize of the golden gavel and fifty thousand dollars. The selection process is very rigorous, normally it is just people from top tier law schools like Yale or NYU that get invited to compete, but I finally was able to score an invitation!

I'm not going to lie I was nervous, being a black guy going to a house that is probably predominantly white was intimidating, hell mock trial as a sport is predominantly white, but this competition is different than just competing in a round, but I remembered what my mom would always tell me anytime I got nervous: "Trey you can accomplish anything you put your mind to and you can and will succeed in life." That's how I started at UCLA studying communications law, It has always been my dream to merge the worlds of communication and follow my mom's expectations of going to law school so luckily I found a place that I can do both. Being apart of MTAAME really boosts any contestants career and many former contestants have moved into extremely high positions just because of the exposure the show gave them and it scored them high clients from all of the events they were invited to after the show aired. To think that one day I could be a legal executive for a PR firm or for a TV studio. I send an email confirming that I do want to be on the show and I pack up my stuff and fly out to Midlands!

After a flight that seemed to take forever, I finally land in the great city of Midlands. I get into the airport and I see a very handsome man dressed in a sleek black suit holding a sign with my name on it, I really felt like a celebrity I mean they sent over a driver! Once I got settled into limo the driver told me that before we got to the actual Mansion we would be staying at we had to stop by hair and makeup since we would be doing a photo shoot at the actual mansion. We pull up to some warehouse and I see producers running around everywhere inside and this girl walks up to me with this frustrated expression on her face. "Finally you're here we've been waiting for you all day come on let's get you to Lauren she is gonna get you dressed for today" I go along with her but through the midst of the chaos I finally get a chance to ask her what her name is and she replied with "Olivia" and she will be my storyline producer for the show. We finally arrive at what I guess is my dressing room with a woman already inside who I'm assuming is Lauren. She turns to me and compliments my eyebrows and we just start bonding and talking she told me "Your outfit is the one I have been most excited about today it is just perfect plus it will look great on you", so she finally pulls the suit out of the bag and it probably one of the most expensive suits I have probably ever seen the color is black but its like shimmering material and it is a very dark black and it comes with a soft pink shirt with these dark black studded loafers that are the exact same color as the actual suit itself. I try it on and Lauren is just the biggest hype woman about it and she gives me a silver ring with a black stone to go with the outfit and it's just complete. Olivia rushes me back into the limo and gets in with me and tells the driver "head straight for the mansion we can't be any later than we already are or else the boss will kill us." During the ride, Olivia and I make small talk she ask me if I am nervous and she asks about my mock trial team, but finally the moment of truth. We arrive at the mansion.