Chapter 16 : Worried

- Next day -

< Hey...where are you...? ]

I smile at her text, feeling my heart beating fast just to imagine her pouting after waking up and not seeing me in the bed with her.

[ Groceries. Is there something you would like me to buy?❤ >

< No...I just wanted to know why you were not in the bed ]

[ Don't worry, I'm coming back very soon, I love you❤ >

< I love you too ]

I tuck my phone back in my pocket and make my decision, I call out one of the sellers of this store and ask to get to see the small and gorgeous necklace from closer. The woman opens the glass door and takes hold of the one I asked for, to show me more in detail the piece of jewelry that I can already see around my wife's neck.

"There is another one that is the most popular among women lately, would you want to see it?" she smiles at me, dragging my attention on something when I already make the round of this store more than a thousand of times to find the perfect gift, I shake my head and refuse kindly. I don't want the one that every woman wants, I want the one that will make my wife the happiest one and not have what a lot of other women already have around their neck.

"Is it possible to change the pendant?" I ask for some information, checking the length and wondering if Y/N would like it. "Yes, it takes some short minutes. If this is the one you want, we can show you the different pendants that we have in here."

"Perfect," I nod, "I would like to buy this one and see the different pendants. Please," I smile kindly, feeling excited to buy it but fearful that this could not be the one for her. The woman closes the glass door without letting go if he necklace and makes me follow her towards the checkout, to lay the jewelry in the flat surface and get a box out of a furniture, to open it right in front of me and display small charms and pendants.

My eyes instantly land on a special one shining and gleaming into my eyes, I need to buy that one if my it caught my attention that much, this maybe means that I should buy it.

"Could I know the price of this one, please?" I point at the tiny lotus flower made of diamonds. "This one is four hundreds of dollars, a diamond of 0.30 Carat."

My eyes widen at the price, not expecting this to be so expensive when I already want to buy the thin silver chain made of high-priced materials as well. If I can count well, this will cost six hundred of dollars for the necklace only...I don't know what to do...

"Is it for your loved one?" she smiles at me, asking a question while I'm in a deep reflection and trying to know what would be Y/N's reaction. "Y-Yes...my wife...this is for our one year marriage anniversary..."

Her grin enlarges at my reply. "She will be very happy no matter what you pick sir, don't worry. Buying her jewelry with such attention and care is the most adorable thing that I man can do to buy a gift so she'll be very happy no matter what."

"Yeah..." I let a chortle go out and bite my lips nervously, not knowing what to do. "I...I'm taking these two ones," I finally decide myself, hoping this to be something she will love. "Perfect, I'm coming back with the necklace in short minutes," she closes the box and puts it back where it was to get in the back of the store and leave me alone with the bodyguard protecting and surveilling the place.

I take my phone out and check the time it is, knowing that I still have some things to do before going back home.

9 am. I received a text from my little baby again, I hope she's okay.