Ch. 48 : Comforting

•••

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

"Don't forget your drawing for mommy my baby," I whisper to him, keeping the heavy dish in my hold with him to make sure this doesn't end on the floor after all the efforts we made together. He nods but keeps his eyes on the food, while heading to the coffee table, step-by-step, slowly, making it hard for me to keep up with this unsteady pace.

Hopefully, we manage to reach our spot without any problem and both lay the surprise on the flat surface, before straightening up for Kiran to run to the office and go get his drawing with his little sister. "Don't open your eyes yet mommy!" he shouts through the house for his gift to be perfect, making me and Y/N smile broadly. "I know my baby."

I glance at Daehan once my babies come back but fall upon his eyes staring into mine, making me keep the contact going while thinking deeply about what could have gone out of their mouths some minutes ago, but also sensing the tension between us before seeing him breaking the eye contact quickly.

I feel like something isn't good. Really not.

"You can open your eyes mommy!" Kiran's little voice takes my mind out of this awful torture full of worries and pain, for our lovely woman to remove her hands from her face and see what his baby spent his time doing with a lot of attention.

Her happiness momentarily appears all over her face at the sight of this little surprise, her beam shining and her eyes gleaming with full bliss. "My baby love..." she speaks cutely while scrutinizing every little detail of the heart made with chocolate sauce on top of the whipped cream and the cookie he baked all by himself, which we put in the center only because he wanted this to represent me and put me inside of the heart for her, innocently.

"Do you like it?" he holds his drawing with both of his hands in the front of his body, acting shy but standing on his spot right before me. "Of course my baby, I love it so much! This is the best cake I've ever seen in my life," she forgets about all the ones I made through my life with her, thinking about our little baby boy but punching me in the heart. "I'm happy then..." he speaks quietly but walks up to her, to wrap his arms around her and rest his head on her chest. "I love you mommy..."

"I love you too sweetie," she presses her lips on his cheek and squeezes him in her clasp, before receiving the drawing he cannot give without blushing, having all the attention on him and being like his dad and mom, which makes it hard for him to not be shy.

"This is so pretty..." she smiles in front of the wonderful and skillful drawing, but Areum then walks to her as she's pecking our son. "Mommy...I made one for you too..." she lifts her small piece of paper, the red color of the big heart she traced on it with cute strawberries and words to tell her she loves her.

I've never been that soft in my life, my babies did all of this without even having any special occasion but just only to make her happy and tell her how much they love her. I'm a happy father, more than ever.

"I love you too my baby, this is adorable and beautiful," she pecks her as well, their relationship being good and relieving me. I take this opportunity to squat down and take hold of the knife to get ready to cut the cake.

"Do I give mommy a big piece?" I look up at them hugging and kissing, feeling jealous and wanting this affection from her as well. "Yes," he nods to me but before doing as told, I take the cookie away from the whipped cream and head it to my wife. "Eat my cookie honey," I tease her without holding back, getting from her a large smile but eyes roll.

"Jungkook..." she still takes the snack with the sweet whipped cream I made and bite into it, while her baby boy is watching it with hawk eyes to get to know what she could be thinking about it.