Ch. 46 : Lost you

— Next day —

"Daddy..." a sweet voice full of tenderness drags me out of my sleep, my arms still around my wife as we both are lied down on the bed now. I turn my head at the hand touching my arm but stumble upon my son. "Daddy...there are no cereals anymore..."

"Hm..." I frown but lift my head up from the pillow to check what time it is, and see it's only 7 am. "You're not tired anymore my love? Why are you awake now?"

"I had to pee and then I was hungry...but there's no cereal anymore..." he places his arms on the side of mine, his fingers toying with the fabric of my t-shirt. I take a look at Y/N still sleeping but slide my arm away from her neck, delicately. "I'm going to go buy them my baby, which one do you want?" I kindly move back to sit on the edge of the bed, letting my baby boy stand up in front of me with his hands on my thighs. "I want Corn Flakes but also Cheerios...I don't know what to pick..."

I smile at him but pass my hand through my long hair, to not let then remain all disheveled. "I'll buy both of them," I peck his forehead but stand up, my heart and body still remembering last night and destroying me without any exaggeration.

"Can I come with you?" he follows me to the bathroom, asking me a question in a cute voice. "You want to come with me to the supermarket?"

"Yes," he nods with a smile, brightening up my mood with the look in his eyes and features. "Have you brushed your teeth?"

"I did," he acquiesces like a good boy, so I skim my fingers past his cheek. "Then we're going together, I'm going to take a shower and brush my teeth as well, you can wait on the bed if you want."

"Okay," his little voice joyfully utters and he leaves the room, to join his mom and allow me to do my stuff to get ready.

20 minutes later...

I take a gulp of my strawberry milk, before leaving the rest to my baby who I know likes this drink. As he's waiting impatiently to go out, I grab the keys of my car but cannot help peeking at Daehan getting ready to go to school.

It's cold and the tension between us is painful.

I act like he wants me to and leave him alone to head to the foyer table next to the entry door, to take my wallet and make sure my credit card is inside.

"Bubba!" Kiran runs to him while sipping on his drink, catching the young man's hand. "Why didn't you come back yesterday...? Mommy was sad...and I was too..."

"I...I was at my boyfriend's house...I'm sorry my baby..." he apologizes to him, his voice sounding unsure and full of guilt. I peek at them but hear a little girl going out of the bathroom when I didn't even know she was in there. "Daddy!" her baby voice reverberates through the house, making me step forth to get in her sight and smile at her. "What's wrong baby girl? Daddy is here,"

"Look!" she beams like ever to show her teeth but points her finger at one of them, so I squat down to take a closer look at it and cup her sides, to pull her closer. "What is it baby?"

"I brushed my teeth like a big girl," she smiles with happiness, squeezing my forearms with her adorable baby hands but fluttering my heart with the words she sometimes mispronounces. "Aw, daddy is proud of you honey," I kiss her as a reward and grin, loving how joyful she is about it while telling me.

"Are you already leaving...?" she pouts and looks at her brother who came closer, but he hands her the drink he has to let her sip on her favorite milk. "I'm going to the supermarket with Kiran to buy some cereals for him."