Ch. 44 : Between us

"What the hell is that?" I hold the condoms in my hand, those ones he shouldn't use given the rules I established about it. He rolls his eyes and sighs disrespectfully. "I forgot there were inside..."

"Don't take me for a fool Daehan, you know I cannot stand that kind of bullsh*t."

"I'm telling the truth...!" he raises his voice at me, his mood swings slowly getting hard to handle. "You know I don't like acting that way with you or anyone in this house because I love you but if you start taking me for a damn idiot and doing things behind my back that I forbade you to do, things are seriously going to change between us and you might regret it."

"I thought you cared about me..." he dares pronounces right in front of me, not even thinking about all the things I do for him. "If I wasn't caring about you, I wouldn't be scolding you right now. What have I said that you're upset all in a sudden? Is it because I'm not staying home but going to work? Or this is again because of the problem you don't want to talk about?"

"I told you..." he stares into my eyes without any sternness but only a feeble side full of pain that I cannot bear. "You would never understand...just..." his sentence ends in a sharp exhale, his shiny eyes glancing away. He grabs his bag and goes out of the house without any more explanations.

What the hell have I done wrong?

I don't try to run after him but just get back into the house, making a beeline for his bedroom to take all the condoms and not let a single one in here but move it to my own private bathroom I share with Y/N to make sure he won't have access to it again.

I swear to god, if this Haechan of my ass does not respect my orders, he's going to regret choosing our boy as a target.

After putting the stuff in a furniture, I pass by the bedroom again with quiet steps to not wake Kiran up and get out of here, to go back to my stool and finish my breakfast.

"What is wrong...?" my sweet baby calms my nerves only with the sound of her voice, my eyes stating at the food I'm eating angrily. "I don't know what the hell is wrong...for a minute he's all cute and kind and then the other, he acts as if I was a moron that he hates and who doesn't take care of him the way I should..."

"You seem to both spend a lot of time together lately...even...putting me aside and all...even if I'm happy to see you both having fun together..." she elbows the kitchen bar, gazing at me and staring things that break my heart from realizing. "Baby..." I look at her with some pain, only thinking about this now. "We're not putting you aside...I just...he asks me to go out with him and he feels more free to talk about his worries so...I just try to make him happy since I'm glad to have such a good relationship with him..."

"Hm..." she shows a little pout, the one she knows will make me even weaker. "I'm still always alone with Kiran and Areum when she doesn't blow a fuse out of the blue..."

"I'm so sorry honey..." I stand up and step towards her, wrapping my arms around her smaller body and pecking her cheek. "I didn't know it was making you feel that way..."

"It's okay...I'm just teasing you..." she smiles and looks up at me, but I know all her habits and the meaning they have and right now, she's pretending to be fine. "No, you're not okay..." I kiss her sweet lips, making a sad face without any fakeness. "I'm going to stay more with you...I promise..."

"I was just joking Jungkookie..." she gives me her fake grin and stands on her tiptoes to kiss me and step back. "Finish your meal before going to work."

I do it with reluctance and get back on my chair. "My heart is aching now..." I pout and stare at her, flying the food to my mouth and chewing on it to not waste anything. "I'll rub it later..."