The Lodge

"He wasn't used to being at a loss. Usually he was the gentlman with the plan. Every little detail catalogued and put in its place. But now he had no place but the details were everywhere."

▪︎•~Lish McBride~•▪︎

The car ran through the streets of London to an unknown place. Alexis laid on the backseat watching Walker drive. Tears flowed from her eyes on the demise of her brother. Deep in her heart she wanted it but never knew it could be so heartbreaking although her own brother wanted to kill her brutally.

She was so weak and tired. Right at that time she was in shambles. Her eyes were so heavy. She closed them and let hot tears escape.

"I'm sorry Alexis. He left me no choice. I didn't want to kill him but he damaged you. Look at yourself. Look at your condition right now. You could've really died. I cannot lose you." Walker heaved a sigh. His grave voice was melodious.

She didn't reply. She had no power to. It was a 2 hour drive then the car pulled over near a lake. Infront of the lake was a big lodge.

Walker came out of the car and opened the door to the backseat.

"Come on Alexis." He held her arm gently but she resisted.

He opened her hands and untied the gag on her mouth.

She looked at her surroundings.

"What is this place?" She asked stepping out of the car.

"This lodge belongs to CIA. I have come here before. They use it for secret operations." August replied while unlocking the door.

Alexis stepped out but was too weak to walk. She started to fall and held the car door.

"I got you." Walker scooped her up in his arms. She looked into his eyes and he carried her inside. The lodge was very cozy inside. He placed her near the fireplace on a rug. He ignited the woods and the room started to become warm.

"I still cannot imagine my brother is no more. He was like a father to me. The one who raised me after our father passed away. I have no one left. I'm an orphan now and all alone." Alexis cried.

"Please don't cry Alexis. I'm here for you. You have a sister and a brother as well. The one who saved your life. The brother and sister from another mother." August held her hand.

"I cannot even Imagin how he changed a lot. He wanted to kill me just for the sake of his business. Money was everything to him I didn't even know. What are we supposed to tell everyone how he died?" She asked.

"You don't worry. I have made all the arrangements. I am sending his body to NewYork where my team will show that he was murdered. I have the pistol as well. That pistol belongs to the man I confronted outside your apartment." August said while rolling up his sleeves.

"You want some coffee. It's really cold here. The lodge hasn't been used in months so thats why its really cold." August said and went to the kitchen.

Alexis had something in her mind. She had her cellphone with her too. She took it out from her wallet and started looking at the screen. A smile had appeared on her lips.

August came with two coffee mugs..

"Here you go Alexis." He handed over a cup to her.