Escaped

"He stared stupidly into her eyes. Thinking about how much he'd wanted to make that noise again...with her."

■□●~Nicki Elson~●□■

The night was cold and dark. Walker put her on the back seat of his car in a rush. He knew what was going on in Alexis' mind because she had seen him with Zohra. He didn't want to lose Alexis at any cost but saving Zohra's life was his first priority.

His heart was racing a million miles while his car ran on the roads of London. He had never thought Zohra will attempt to take her own life. Time was slipping like dust from his hands.

What else could she do? He had made her do this. He had brought her so low that she was on the brink of dying. That woman who was so strong, that wasn't even afraid of death was now shattered into pieces because of him. He on the other hand was one who never thought before pulling the trigger.

He was angry, furious on what he did to her but he couldn't do anything now. He was helpless as time was flying fast and she was slipping more and more into that dark and deep abyss.

His car pulled over infront of the hospital and he scooped her up in his arms. He took her to the emergency room and she was immediately admitted. It was a suicide attempt and she could be in trouble infact they both could be but he was working in CIA and can get over it.

He was sitting on a chair thinking about the mistakes he had committed. There was Zohra who could give up her life for him and then there was Alexis who believed only on her brother. August was so confused. He saw her laying in bed. He was the one who was responsible for her condition.

"Excuse me!" Someone called him.

He turned around to see a middle aged man standing with a folder in his hand. He was surely the doctor.

"Yes!" He said.

"She took sleeping pills. I think the whole bottle. You did a great job bringing her immediately otherwise things would have turned the other way round. I am afraid its a suicide attempt and we have to involve the police."

"Police! It will get her in trouble if the police gets involved." August thought but he couldn't stop the hospital from doing so because he didn't want to intervene being a CIA agent he couldn't help her in this case.

"The police will take her statement when she gets awake. You don't worry. She is out of danger now. We will call you if we need anything." The doctor said and went away.

Walker looked at the doctor pacing away and then through the window into the room where Zohra was kept. She was peacefully asleep.

The next thing which came to his mind was Alexis. He was dying to tell her thr truth. He wanted to clear her every misunderstanding and set the record straight. He wanted to open his heart infront of her and accept his love for her. It was the time. It was now or never. There wasn't any tomorrow for August. Zohra was a rebel he knew but he was more rebellious for Alexis.

"I'm sorry Zohra but I have to go and make myself clear. I have to go to her." He whispered.

Love can make the strongest the weakest. Love can bring a man to his knees and there he was, fallen and weak in her love.