Warm

She was warm when she woke up, so warm she thought it was another dream in which she was dreaming she was warm underneath her blankets at home. Oh how she hated sinful dreams like those, when she would have to wake again in the cold. She had a lot of those types of dreams lately. She groaned.

Sleepily, her hands pressed out in front of her, assuming she would be untangling herself from her blanket. Instead of rough polyester, her fingers found soft warm flesh. She frowned in confusion, her fingers pressing harder into the mystery item.

"I'm sure you like what you're feeling, I have to say its pretty nice myself, but I think you are going to want to stop groping me, bird."

Her body went completely stiff and her hands instantly curled into fists, her hands lifting off his person. She had once had dreams about Blain when she was younger, none of those were good dreams. "Don't call me bird.What...?" She asked dumbly, eyes flying open a second later. It was dark as she had been expecting - her life was nothing but ink black lately.

"It was rude of you to faint on a guy with only one working arm like that, " Blain said, voice tired. "You're not as light as you look." As she began to wake more, the girl came quickly aware of her semi-nude body pressed against Blain's semi-nude body. Her face flushed. "You were freezing and soaking wet. You are unsurprisingly inept and fell a dozen times into freezing snow like a genius."

Jacey recoiled back as if she had been slapped. "I fell so much because you were yanking me behind you like a rag doll." She quickly defended herself, "I am not inept."

"If I hadn't been dragging you, you would have been standing there all day like an idiot."

The girl bit her lip, his words bringing frightening memories up in her mind. Black blobs and bloodless bodies. It was all like a dream and she wasn't even sure if it wasn't. No. She mentally shook her head. It all was much too disturbing to be a dream.

"Yeah. Oh... I guess, I... Thank you, Blain." She had nothing else to say, except, "but you can't talk when you tripped over nothing and fell a few days ago after I warned you it could happen."

"I have a broken arm."

Jacey smirked a little, thinking of Blain's pervious words."I don't understand... You tripped because your arm is broken?" The girl asked smugly. She quietly snorted upon seeing him frown in the limited light, "oh, alright."

"You're not as nice as you pretend, are you?" He questioned with a yawn. There was a moment of silence in which her fingers accidently brushed over Blain's skin.

"You... undressed me..." Her nose crinkled. She felt immature and petty about the flush that had spread out over her. Jacey shifted a little, feeling something rough and hard underneath her. "Yo - "

"No worries, birdie, you have nothing I want to see." His arm bumped into hers as he carelessly shrugged. "I like women with more curves and sex appeal. Not whatever you are."

The girl was sure that being insulted was an appropriate emotion, but instead felt only relieved. "So... we are..."

"We're in that bakery beside Henry's; it was as far as I could drag you, " he admitted. "Its backdoor was unlocked." He tugged at the blanket, forcing it further up. "I think we're even now; in case you were wondering. I don't have to be nice to you anymore."

Quietly sighing, Jacey rested her head on her arms and wondered why Blain was so immature. "Whatever, what now?" She hadn't actually meant to blurt it out how she had but had anyway.

"I don't care what you do but I'm heading to my house. I have to...check on my family. Its some weird stuff going on around here." Understatement of the year. She nodded. She thought going to see if Heather and Andy were alright was a good idea.

"We can go to your house then mine..."

"We could also separate here and now and forget this situation ever happened." She wondered how he could do that. There was no way she could forget those creatures, nor what happened in Lester-Miller.

"So... We're going to separate and head our different ways?"

"Do I really have to say it again?" Blain asked.

"What about those things?" She asked slowly, frowning a little. "Aren't you... afraid you'll run into some more of them? What about your arm?"

"It was afraid of fire wasn't it?" He asked rhetorically. "I have your lighter an - "

"You went through my pockets?" She interrupted voice high and accusatory. "Yo - "

"I was going to start a fire. Anyway, my arm still hurts, worse now because of you."

Jacey sighed, "I get it, whatever." She honestly didn't want to be alone, not with those things running around and about. A chill ran down her spine. "I...I'll stay with you... Heather's house is pretty far away from here."

Holding her breath, Jacey waited. Honestly, Heather really did live too far away, in Hopesville, that was a forty-minute car ride to her home from Lester-Miller. Blain remained silent.