Ice King

It wasn't a long walk and she was grateful for such a thing. It had began to snow again a few minutes after her and Blain's abduction, a steady down pour of big, cold flurries.

She had long since turned around, unable to walk backwards and not fall. She walked side by side with Blain, back ridged, shoulder pressed into his. Neither of them spoke, too horrified and numb.

An abandoned warehouse came into view after forty-five minutes. Heavy, dark snow clouds seemed focused on the area above it. The wind picked up and she found herself walking through a blizzard, but the black shapes moving along the ground kept them on track.

Soon they were out of the blizzard and moving over a blown in door and into a narrow dark hall. Jacey shivered as a few of the creatures began crawling along the walls, blending in with the thick shadows.

She nervously licked her lips, something was wrong. Following the Inkies into this place was a bad idea. Her skin began to prick and sizzle with heat even though the air was dreadfully cold. After a while, the hall grew so narrow she was forced behind Blain. She quickly swallowed a scream when her shoulder brushed against the artic flesh of the Inkie crawling along the wall beside her. She felt ill as she skin pricked with cold.

She bumped into Blain when they turned a corner, his body ramming into something that bumped into the wall. She could hear liquid sloshing and some of it hitting the floor. Gasoline, it burned at her nostrils.

A high pitched giggle was an obvious order for movement. Blain paused for a few more minutes before carefully making his way around what he had bumped into, somehow finding her hand in the ink and leading her around it as well.

She flinched when his hand suddenly enclosed around hers not expecting the act. He gently squeezed her hand as if he was attempting to assure her. She blinked slowly in the utter darkness.

Soon they were fumbling up an iron stairwell, racketed boots making it nearly impossible to climb them. It was so loud, rackets hitting the iron, she felt as if she was damaging her own hearing.

Blain fumbled with a door handle at the top for a few seconds, but eventually got the handle turned and door open. A heavy stream of sunlight hit them in the face, blinding them both momentarily. When Jacey blinked both eyes open she was looking at a humongous room in the warehouse, with blown out windows and a snow covered floor, but that wasn't all.

When an Inkie cold body and frightening giggle brushed against the back of her legs she was forced forward and into Blain's back. Both of them stopped and stared. Suddenly everything was shrouded in darkness.

Bodies. Piles and piles of life-less frozen husks sat in neat, large, triangular shaped piles along the farthest wall of the warehouse, hundreds. All of them void of color, all of them staring blind and unseeing at the heavens.

A scream lodged itself in her gut and her mouth fell open, her bottom lip shook.

A dream. All of this was nothing more than a dream. She would wake up now. She would.

"Oh, I told my pets not too leave the orts of their meals laying around." A voice which sounded more like a throaty growl appeared out of thin air. Her already ridged body went violently stiff in a painful way, muscle twisting way. This was no natural voice. "Its horribly primitive wouldn't you agree with me on this, Jacey?"

She quickly whirled around when the comforting pressure of Blain's hand lifted from her own. He had already spun around, a startled gasp slipping by his lips. Whatever it was she was assumed was owner of such an odd voice flew out of the window when her green eyes finally landed on the creature.