you forgot (pt. 2)

<<third person>>
you finally made it home leaving you alone with your thoughts. how could he do this?! how could he forget? you thought to yourself. you knew he felt bad but you couldn't help but be overcome with anger, at the thought of his work being more important than your relationship.

a couple hours have gone by and you've done nothing but sit in front of the television binging (your fav show) to get your mind off things. you were certainly less angry than you were beforehand, but now you began to miss him. even though he tended to get caught up in his work, he would still do his best to make time for you. you still mattered the most to him. he loved you.

<<fives pov>>
how could i be so stupid?! i was so caught up in my work i actually forgot our anniversary. what kind of boyfriend does that! i can't believe this, i need to make it up to her.

<<third person>>
you began to drift off to sleep on your couch when all of a sudden *ring ring*
your phone begins to ring and you pick it up. the caller id showed none other than five hargreeves. you let it go to voicemail to show you were still upset. i mean how could he blame you tho?

it goes to voicemail and he leaves a message. you go to listen to the message, "y/n words cannot describe how sorry i am, i never meant to get so caught up in my work. i love you so much and i want to make it up to you.. if you get this message, please, come to the academy in 10 minutes. i love you, bye y/n."

you didn't know what to think. should you show up? maybe he's really sorry? what if he only gives u the same lousy excuse? hE wAS bUsY smh. but i mean it couldn't hurt to go... right?

- - timeskip to the academy brought to you by bens 'WEEEE' - -

after a bit of deliberation you decide to go to the academy to see what it was five wanted.

<<fives pov>>
i heard a knock on the door and immediately special jumped at the sound. i was really hoping it was y/n, i really want to make it up to her...

<<third person>>
y/n heard the door knob turn as when the door opened she was greeted by none other than five hargreeves. she haven't been away from him long but being there in front of him now truly showed how much she already misses him.

"you came" five starts. "yeah" "thank you for coming, please come in." he gestures for you to enter and you do. you were very curious as to what he had planned. "so what's this all about five? why did you want me to come so bad?" you questioned.

"well... y/n i'm really sorry for forgetting our anniversary, i know how selfish and stupid i was for being so caught up in my work. and i needed to make it up to you." five said as he began walking towards the dining room.

you enter the dining room and, your speechless.

five had prepared a little dinner of his own for you both and the room was set so beautifully. there was candle light, rose petals along the table and most importantly... peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches.

"i'm not really the best cook as you know, but i tried really hard.." five trailed off while scratching the back of his neck, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

"five. i-" you start "i don't know what to say. this is all so lovely and... i'm sorry for overreacting earlier.." you add. "no y/n don't be sorry you had every right to be upset with me. i just really hope this makes up for it" he says as he begins to take a couple steps closer to you.

"five, i love you so much. thank you for all this" you say, gesturing to the candle lit table. "i love you so much more y/n" five says, snaking his arms around your waist. you wrap your arms around his neck and lean in for a kiss. five deepens the kiss for a second but pulls away ever so gently.

"happy anniversary love"

word count: 731

a/n: wow ok writing the ending there acc made me soft🥰🥺✌️i rlly want something like this like i'm rlly single as hecc bro.
anyways i'm rlly sorry it took so long for this i hope it's good loll. i also have a couple more ideas that i'm working on so stay tuned for those <3
have a great day/night everyoneee :))