Wild and Free

********

********

We drove around the school and then passed a couple of stores. Still, we hadn't arrived at the mystery location he was taking me to.

"Where did the name Banks come from?" I asked him after he made a joke about his name.

He skidded, "Piggy, my first name is Piggy. I was named after my grandpa. I think it's some curse that's been passed down through my family."

"Oh, I thought it was short for Regions Bank," we both laughed even though it was a really stupid joke.

I crossed my legs in the seat and leaned in like I was abundantly enthralled. "Tell me for real."

"Is it your last name?" I asked even though it was the most obvious answer.

"Yeah, I was in JROTC and they go by last names. It stuck I guess. That's why I call Serrano, Mark by his last name and no one else does," I nodded as he spoke.

His hair was blowing around in the wind from the car window majestically. It was almost bird-like.

"Well, now you have to tell me your first name," I batted my eyelashes.

His laugh sounded precious to me, "No. It's the worst, that's why I don't go by it."

I put my fingers in his hair and ruffled it up. "Come on. You know I have a unique name. You don't meet a lot of Daya's," I said hinting that I wasn't giving up until he told me.

"It's Oliver, there I said it," he muttered bashfully.

He looked embarrassed for a second, so to assure him I said, "I really like that name, Ollie."

He shook his head, "No, I have deep-seated name trauma."

"It's a cute name," I smiled.

"Your name is cute," he leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Mine is a scrawny little loser's name."

I pushed his head away, "Eyes on the road, Ollie."

After driving around for about

After driving around for about... I lost track of time just conversing with him. Finally, I put it together as to where we were headed. More like, I could finally see where we were at. "There's no way, is this... the lighthouse?"