Bewilderment

********

********

Somehow, Geometry class felt better. The lights were brighter, the room was warmer, and the math made more sense. Still, I was so happy to get out of that class because I was one step closer to seeing him. When I walked out into the hall I was looking for him, but he was probably on the other side of the school. So, I didn't really expect to see him, but a girl could still hope.

Being with Banks brought me to a different universe and made me completely forget about what happened with Liv. Until it dawned on me that her tippy tappy high heeled boots were still there. I walked into World History and sat in my seat with a flop. My feelings needed to be shared instead of holding everything in forever.

Well, I was still trying to figure out how I felt exactly. I was lost in my thoughts when Olivia walked into the class and over to my seat. I didn't notice her until her cackle rammed into my ears like a car wreck.

"Daya, from pervert to thot. I never expected that." She flipped my hair away from my neck in a mocking way. I guess Banks wasn't joking and not only was it there, it was noticeable. Still, I tried to play it smart and beat the queen in her own court.

"Liv, what are you talking about? Is that curling iron seeping into your head and killing the few brain cells you have?"

She huffed, "Ugh, I saw you this morning with Banks."

She peered behind her at the hype-up crew that followed her around. "We all did. It seems like you're always going after my sloppy seconds."

She flicked my neck with two of her fingers. I immediately pushed her away and put my hair back over my shoulder in a standoffish move.

"Stay away from me. I did what you wanted. I'm doing what you wanted." A sly smile rode her face as she moved in closer to me. "And you better keep it that way. I wonder how Banks would feel if knew that you get off on watching your friends bone." She squinted her eyes at me before she walked away from my desk and towards hers.

"Liv," I said as she turned back around.

"What? Are you trying to get a second peek?" She and her friends guffawed like my pain was the most joyous event for them to watch.

"I hope you and Jay are truly happy together. I'm not standing in your way." The look in her expression almost seemed like she didn't fully understand what I meant so I continued.

I lifted my hands up, "I concede."

The rest of that class was a flaming hot mess, to say the least, but that definitely wasn't all I was going to get from Liv. Drama followed her as she destroyed everything in her mist.

At the end of class I received a text stating 'Meet me in the hall,' - Banks

Just seeing his name brought a smile to my face in an otherwise mundane time. However, it was concerning that Liv called him her sloppy seconds. Like, what did that even mean? I knew I should ask him but I wanted to talk about it in person or just try to buy some time to bask in the way I felt in his presence.