This is a Reaffirmation

********

********

My room wasn't dirty in the first place, but it could be tidied up. I put my journal on my bookshelf along with other books I had lying around. I organized my nightstand and closet. Folded and put up all the clothes that may have been on the ground. I made up my bed and dusted off the sheets. Then, I finished it all off by vacuuming the carpet, not just in my room, but the hallway too.

All in all, it took me a little over an hour, but it would be well worth it to go to this hangout session tonight. I sat on my daybed and wrote in my journal about what I was hoping would come out of tonight.

I have to make up with Celia and Piper. They were there for me before Banks. I kind of traded them in for him. There was something about him that made me feel like he meant everything he said. He could tell me a rock was gold, and I would second guess myself.

My brother thought that he just wanted to use me, but I was choosing to believe Banks. He made my heart flutter and my body quiver. Still, Jay was in the back of my mind. It wasn't long ago that he made me feel that way, but those days felt like a distant memory.

When I saw him, I saw the hurt he brought me. Hearing him ask me if things would be different if he dumped Liv at the beginning of the week put things in perspective for me.

Which one would I prefer? If they broke up at the beginning of the week and he told me all the things he did then, we would be together now. But would I have Banks? I never would have sat with him if I wasn't avoiding Jay.

No matter what I was glad I met him. He had an amazing soul and it was different to have someone be so honest with me. He knew what he did, and who he was, and he wasn't afraid to talk about it. I couldn't think about that though. Those were the choices we made, and we have the results.

Living in what-ifs wasn't healthy for anyone. Especially if an entire relationship was the what if I was questioning if I could bear without.

The sound of my phone ringing tore me out of my writing

The sound of my phone ringing tore me out of my writing. I closed my journal and checked my phone. I had a vacant stare as I saw the caller's identification. It was my dad. Without thinking, I accepted the call, unplugged the phone, and ran downstairs.